Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises
View Poll Results: What weekend is best for you?
July 16-18
54.39%
July 23-25 (Mustang Week)
45.61%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....

Alright folks....as some of you know, there is an Fbody gathering located in Myrtle Beach every summer towards the end of July, better known as F-Body Beach Weekend. The dates are not set in stone yet, we actually made a poll to see what would be the best for everyone.

We could have it during Mustang Week (July 23-25), or the weekend before, which would be July 16-18. Having it Mustang Week could be cool.....since so many other cool cars will be in the area, makes for friendly competition and they also have a nice show to go see. Or we can have it the weekend before and not worry about Mustangs. Please vote in the thread to specify your preference.

This event is not going to happen unless considerable interest is shown. It is just too much for us (from Spartanburg and Greevnille, which is 4 hours away from the beach) to plan, for it to be a bust. The event will be open to all Fbodies, but we will have classes for any Vettes, GTOs, TBSS, etc that want to participate!

What we will be looking for is enough interest for the show and event to go on as it has, and if there IS interest...we will be looking for volunteers from each geographic region participating to help plan and coordinate the show and weekend with us! These people will help promote the event and gain interest from around the Southeast....as well as help with different tasks at the show. Nothing too overbearing, but obviously the more people that help, the less the workload will be amoung us, which will in turn create a more enjoyable weekend for ALL.

We are wanting to attempt to have the show at a locoation ON the main strip with a big parking lot (Damons rib place comes to mind for any locals that may know where it is). What we want to hear from all of you is...

1. Vote on weekend preference
2. Ideas on events, classes, etc.
3. Volunteers willing to help!

Thanks everyone....and let's help put together a weekend for all to enjoy, and let's not lets this fun weekend die!

Edit/Update

We have decided on July 16-18 for this event. The car show will be on that Saturday the 17th at Planet Hollywood from 8 am - 4 pm, and will be put on by Koss Motorsports from Lancaster, SC. Here are pics from previous years.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y%20week%2007/

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...20week%202009/

I called Myrtle Beach Speedway and set up a track day for all of us. Bill Hennesey, who I spoke with and is going to manage this event, was a huge help. He is going to treat us just like the Mustang Week guys....i.e. we do NOT have to pay for a track rental, which would be in the $thousands$. Here is what we know as of now...

-This event will be on Friday the 16th from 3pm-8pm
-Cost to participate in any or all events: $20. Cost to spectate: $5.
-Everyone MUST sign a release form the day of the event.
-Particpates MUST wear helmets...no roll cage, fire suits, any of that required. Just drive up and have fun.
-EMS on site

Here's the list of activities...
-Auto cross
-Track runs (Run your car as hard as you want around the track, 2 cars at a time. Cones will be set up to keep cars off banks and keep speeds safe).
-"Street Drag"...Starting at the end of turn 4, you will be allowed to drag race to the start/finish line. Just like it's done on the street!
-0-60-0 Competition
-possibly an exhaust competition
-Burnout Contest (this will be the last event, and no line locks, powerbraking, etc will be allowed. Car must stay rolling, Bill doesn't want the pavement dug up)

BIG UPDATE

As of today, we have 5 sponsors that are 100% committed to helping making this event a blast for everyone! Some you will know, some you may not.....but they are all good people, have great shops, and are very excited to help contribute to the F-Body Beach Bash. They will set up trailers, tables, have displays, sell products, and the coolest...they are bringing their cars down to show, race, and enjoy with us for the weekend. This is a big deal to us, as this event will NOT happen without them! We reall yapreciate each and every one of you for stepping up and accepted the invites! We have...

-Vengeance Racing (thank you Mike and Ron!)

http://www.vengeancerd.com/

-Tick Performance (we appreciate you stepping up with us Joey)

http://www.tick-performance.com/

-Hawks Third Gen (thanks Bruce! Bruce also helped last year, and is also a sponsor of the F-Body Gathering in Atlanata)

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/

-Zeus Performance (Jay, Travis....thanks for joining up with us! These guys KNOW car shows!)

http://www.zeuscatalog.com/

-Mainstream Customs (Stereo shop in Upstate, SC owned by Barrett Stewart, THANKS! Barrett also donated many things to our show last year)

Last edited by kyles2000z; 01-22-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job Kyle.....I would think we should be able to get about 10 people from our group.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I am definitely in and could assist with promotion around the Atlanta area.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

I can get atleast 6 of my guys, and help promotion in triad area NC
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Guys....thanks for stepping up........do you guys belong to any car clubs or other forums that you can post this on?

Kyle will handle the Upstate of SC. I need someone for the remaining areas:

Coastal SC- Charleston, MB area
Charlotte, NC
Tenn
Virginia
Kentucky / Ohio

Coordinators:

WipFbody- overall
Kyles2000z- Upstate SC
MIKE02TA- Midlands SC
ethan07189- Triad area
infintebird- Atlanta
spaulsen-Ohio

If we can fill these slots along with you guys picking up Atlanta and Raleigh areas.......this should be a good start.

Oh...I'll kind of coordinate as a whole......of course with the other coordinators help.

Last edited by WipFbody; 01-21-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

yeah ill put a link to this thread on triadfbody.com it's a club here in nc, there are some charlotte guys there as well.

*edit* they seem to have some stuff planned to if you want to check it out http://triadfbody.com/forums/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by ethan071891; 12-14-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the help guys! throw some ideas out!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

im game if my cars finished before then
Old 12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Link posted on StreetLethalRacing.com
Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

thanks frosty...hurry and get the 67 done and bring her down!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Teching In

posted this to a local (TN) car forum. www.fullthrottleforums.com just to help
Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Had a blast last year. Wont be able to make it this year due to prior obligation but posted the link over at the F-bodyhideout.

Last edited by LOUDMAN; 12-16-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Yea i had a great time last year, even though it was just thrown together the week before. For 2010 it would be interesting to try to do something like and autocross or something like that. It is something that can be done in a big parking lot or could be held on the infield of myrtle beach speedway.If yea can get something together set in stone and can get a good turnout i would drive the 8hrs down there again next year
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Frossty ill drive the 02 and you can drive the 67 hows that sound??? haha j/k ill be there
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
thanks for the help guys! throw some ideas out!
I think we need to remake the official website again, we need to make it more detailed than before (sections on the events, info about hotels to stay at, maybe some pictures from past events to generate interest).

That could also serve as a place to direct everyone in advertisements etc.

We could also maybe have a registration form to fill out so we could get a more accurate count of attendees than ad hoc adding of posts people have made across a bunch of forums.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

i have NO idea how to create website, or even run them. is ther anyone on here that would be willing to do that? the dmain name is already out, but im not sure who owned it or managed it!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Launching!

We'll have to look into the website thing. Good suggestions. As far as adding additional events like autocross....etc we need to have a lot more people commiting to come before we put forth that much effort. I'd like to do more also....but until we get a more people we'll have to settle for a little less.

I would like to do a 50+ mile run or something on Friday, a cruise in at Burky's Friday night and Car Show on Sat.

Kyle.....you have those pictures from last year? Post them up if you do.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

pics in the other thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-...e-beach-5.html
Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
i have NO idea how to create website, or even run them. is ther anyone on here that would be willing to do that? the dmain name is already out, but im not sure who owned it or managed it!
I could work on that, that is what I do for my job anyway.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Teching In

I will handle the midlands of SC

Quick Reply: FBODY BEACH WEEKEND 2010! info, ideas, come in....