Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Hit and run on my quarter

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Angry Hit and run on my quarter

My car isn't a show car, I know that. My car has some scratches on the passenger side quarter, I know that. But did someone really have to add a wonderful gouge and crease to my quarter, as if it wasn't nicked up enough!!

The scratches I was deal with at this point. They were there when I bought the car. But this is downright ugly

Any idea what it would cost to fix this? Would get the whole quarter cleaned up too. I have a feeling I won't be able to afford to fix it though
Yes I know the car is dirty (again).

Old 11-01-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddy gust got a hit n run on his quater....but basketball sized on hiss t/a n f/r fender...ls184 on tech, his deductable and total came out to 2400...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did a quick scan of the security camera recordings at work. Didn't see anything but my car is far enough away from the camera and the camera is panning so I could only see my car for a few seconds every minute or so... Going to keep looking and check the other camera.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Try going out to a junk yard and pulling one off another 1993-2002 Camaro. Then theres a tread somewhere on here that shows you how to prep and paint.

Also im shure some pepole here can give you info on how to pull it off and replace it with one for a totaled out car.

o and for the scratches? Easy fix go pick up some touch up paint from a local auto store. I used some and it worked ok. Duri sumpthin...
Old 11-04-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is the rear quarter though, I have 0 welding skills, I can't replace the quarter panel myself. I can't paint either, I don't have the money for all the equipment needed (if I did have money I wouldn't be driving this V6 ) let alone the skill to do so.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats not too bad of a repair. Depending on where you get it done it shouldn't run you more than $300-$400. The shop can blend the paint out and should be able to get a good color match on it. All they would have to do is to blend the paint and clear the whole quarter panel.Good luck.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah $300-$400 isn't bad, but that is money I really don't have. I just spent some on some other stuff, plus Christmas is coming so I'm spending some money there... We'll have to see. I was told by a friend of a place to check out that is really reasonable on cost and does good work so I'm going to get an estimate at least. One place I do know of does excellent work but they are pricey.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Thats not too bad of a repair. Depending on where you get it done it shouldn't run you more than $300-$400. The shop can blend the paint out and should be able to get a good color match on it. All they would have to do is to blend the paint and clear the whole quarter panel.Good luck.
That door is gonna have to be blended. And it's probablly gonna cost more like $800
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cvalliere
That door is gonna have to be blended. And it's probablly gonna cost more like $800
The door has it's share of scratches too. Mind you the whole car has seen better days, got royally abused by whoever owned it before me and it has been a labor of love cleaning it up. After all the money I've put into it I could have had an LS1 but too late now

They could probably come pretty darn close on the paint couldn't they, so they would just do the quarter? I'd hate to pay more to blend into the door when the door needs retouched as well. And the mirror replaced... While I'm at it I should just reshoot the whole car, it needs it anyway yeah I'm thinking not, considering I don't know if I can afford to fix just the quarter
Old 11-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

**** bring it up to michigan and ill bump it and blend the paint. you just need to buy the paint and a case of beer. Easy fix
Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by montyafteryou
**** bring it up to michigan and ill bump it and blend the paint. you just need to buy the paint and a case of beer. Easy fix
How much does paint and clear cost and how much would I need?
Unfortunately I don't really have time anytime soon to take a road trip, however tempting it is. Class + work doesn't give me any time to go play. Great offer though, thanks..and depending on how things go I may see about taking you up on it later on, perhaps
Old 11-05-2008, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

A quart of clear and a half pint (if they will sell it to you ) or pint of paint will do it . Figure anywhere from $100-$200 for material. I know that a broad range but it depends on what brand of apint you get. Don't go the cheap route on the paint, the better quality paints match and spray better.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!