Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Installing 70 chevelle emblem

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing 70 chevelle emblem

I just picked up a 1970 chevelle SS emblem for the frot of my billet grille, I went to go try and install it but the prongs on the back seem to be too long and it sticks out to far. It came with a bracket for the back but i'm not sure whether to shorten the ends up or cut through the grille inside... Any input would be greatly appreciated and I'll try and get pics up as soon as i can thanks
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same deal here. I was kind of pissed when i first put it on, then i figured out almost all of them are that way lol. I just trimmed the edges off the emblem with a grinder so it would fit flush with the grille, taped off the SS part and painted the bare edges back satin black, then installed the emblem, and zipped off the excess prongs with the same grinder. Problem solved!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

JB Weld
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSquid
JB Weld
what?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:12 AM
TECH Resident

JB weld... its a putty type stuff... you take the 2 parts... mush them together and rub it on the back of the emblem and press it on the grill its what I did... I could pull mine to the part where it sounded like my grill was gonna strip out and fall off before that emblem would budge... you can get it at any hardware store
Old 01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

I just took off my grille today and i noticed when i lay the emblem on, from a side angle the SS sticks out pretty far due to the black edges around it. Is there another way around this aside from putty? Any input would be great guys i know there a lot of guys on here with the same grille as me so hopefully they will chime in...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sscamaro22
I just took off my grille today and i noticed when i lay the emblem on, from a side angle the SS sticks out pretty far due to the black edges around it. Is there another way around this aside from putty? Any input would be great guys i know there a lot of guys on here with the same grille as me so hopefully they will chime in...
Like i said in my first post, trim the back edges around the badge off with a grinder (the part that makes it stick so far out). Then touch it up with satin black. Wack about 3/4 inch off of it. It will look a lot better.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used a '72 Chevelle fender emblem. The S's are separate. Mount each invidually and there's not issues with bend and they lay flush on the grill.

Quick Reply: Installing 70 chevelle emblem