Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Lambo door install- a few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe youre not understanding me, THEY'RE ALREADY ON! they open and close perfectly.No gaps. No leaks. Perfect. It bolted right into the factory hardware location although cutting is required. I hardly had to adjust it. And i can open it regularly if i want to. This kit is from verticle doors inc it cost 2500 and is the only patented kit out there they are the only ones to get it right. As far as parking away from people, i do every chance i get but not all parking lots have empty sections in them. There are a lot of places i frequently go that doesnt have much parking. Plus when i parallel park in the city on a busy street, it would be so much easier to put my doors up rather than let them hang out in traffic and have to rush out. I just needed advice about the wiring harness i thought maybe you guys were up to the challenge but it looks like people on here are as close minded as ever. Oh well, i'm on my own. At least my car wont be "custom" with c5 rims,or ttII's, and blackbird stripes like everyones here.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I kind of dig lambo doors....could you post pics of your kit? Ive thought about them but have never decide to do it.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed it would be nice to see a coule shots. Going to be hitting you University soon and i dont immagine parking a mile a away will be a benificial option, and the camaro doors are almost a mile long!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evilZO6
What the hell are you talking about? How is it not functional to put them up and out of the way rather than not bumping them against every car in the parking lot? I don't lie i don't care what people think of me or my car if you dont want it then don't do it. If i wanted them for look i would say i did. I like body kits! OOOOO! If i'd admit that i'd admit i was doing this for looks.
please sell your F-Body and give it to a more worthy owner, I bet you like those shopping cart spoilers too.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:10 AM
sar
Banned

i hope your car looks slammed and tucking some nice wheels before you dare to do lambo doors, otherwise you just not going to pull it off. it only looks good on certain cars.

i'm also hopping you are going just for the looks on the show car.
god forbid you ever flip or roll over. did you ever hear about lambo door crashes and burning alive because you can't get out? show cars only man. google it
Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Launching!

def wanna see it - I like em, and glad you found a good product! as far as the wiring, that would be simple to extend, although they def don't make a plug and play kit for it.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lambo style doors? Umm ok...lol Be sure to put some switches in too and have that thing bounce up and down the street

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 02-22-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At least my car wont be "custom" with c5 rims,or ttII's, and blackbird stripes like everyones here.
O-hoooooo he got you guys on that one.
Hey man do what you want its your car, I just never would have posted here to spare myself the flaming. Post up pics of the doors I want to see them.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Man, we need PICS!!! LOL!!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I only have one side on, and the front of my car is taken apart but i guess i can shoot a few shots tomorrow and post them up. It wont be pretty....lol
Old 01-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

yea we need some pics to see how this will turn out!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I like how he states he doesn't want to hear your guy's opinions and to leave the flaming out and yet you still do it! Ignorant

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-17-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

There was a guy on here, or CZ28 that put Lambo Doors on his Camaro. Do a search and maybe he can help you out.

If I remember correctly, he bought another Camaro and is posting again.

i'm putting them on my car for functionality. If i could open my doors 90 degrees up, it would be a lot more convenient. Our doors are wide and long. Here in california all parking lots are cramped like crazy. Most of the time if i want to drive my trans am, i end up having to squeeze out of my car and stopping my door from hitting the other car at the same time. It would just be easier to pop it up. The shocks are ated at 720 lbs. With the door panel off, you have to firce the door down. With it on, it it easy to open or close with one finger. If it wears out i'll just replace it like all shocks. theyre only 50bucks a pair.
Was that a joke? Cause the only way that would work is if everyone in the parking lot had Lambo Doors, otherwise they'll just be hitting your car with their doors;
Old 01-17-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Counted Out
There was a guy on here, or CZ28 that put Lambo Doors on his Camaro. Do a search and maybe he can help you out.

If I remember correctly, he bought another Camaro and is posting again.

Was that a joke? Cause the only way that would work is if everyone in the parking lot had Lambo Doors, otherwise they'll just be hitting your car with their doors;

Others could but you could prevent it better when YOU open the door. Also...have you tried to get out or in from your car when the door is too close to a wall or other car???? I have and, believe me...thats not pretty!
If the kit truly opens up 90 degrees it would be a whole lot easier.

Last time it happened the words that came out of my mouth left a lasting impression over some old folks that were passing by! LOL!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats like saying you need heads and cam so you can climb your drive way.

who told you about my driveway????? anyways post up some pics man I have always wondered what a bird looks like with vertical doors.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Superman09
I like how he states he doesn't want to hear your guy's opinions and to leave the flaming out and yet you still do it! Ignorant
AGREED...NEED SOME PICS MAN...
Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Superman09
some people just can't keep their mouths shut i guess.

anyways, its your car do as you wish! lets see some pics tho
Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

I would suck those like ******* a newborn pig.....sorry,,,did I type that?!

Yeah man pics of doors!

Last edited by chaman; 01-17-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hear you on the functionality. i hate parking anywhere near cars, always worrying about hitting their car and getting **** for it. i actually had another camaro nail my door with theirs. that was gay.

i would rather have doors like:

Originally Posted by sar
i'm also hopping you are going just for the looks on the show car.
god forbid you ever flip or roll over. did you ever hear about lambo door crashes and burning alive because you can't get out? show cars only man. google it
And i can open it regularly if i want to. This kit is from verticle doors inc it cost 2500 and is the only patented kit out there they are the only ones to get it right.
reading is good
Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Props to the OP for not giving a **** what other people think though. I would like to see pictures when it's done.

Quick Reply: Lambo door install- a few Q's