Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Lambo door install- a few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

It will look good in the end. I like that rear hatch!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lambo doors are called LAMBO doors for one reason...they go on lambo.......anything else and its just gay
Old 01-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by D. STUNTER
every lambo kit that i have seen on a car that isnt a lambo is GARBAGE! They dont close and open right and will completly ruin a good car! DONT DO IT! ITLL NEVER OPEN A CLOSE RIGHT! Itll be real embarassing beating on your door trying to close it everywhere you go

Not to mention the doors would be pretty heavy lifting them up and down. Especially on a firebird.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransAm11973
lambo doors are called LAMBO doors for one reason...they go on lambo.......anything else and its just gay
I beg to differ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs1S8...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzz1W...e=channel_page

They look good on Vectors also.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
Not to mention the doors would be pretty heavy lifting them up and down. Especially on a firebird.
If you're going to post in my thread, id appreciate it if you read it first. I said twice already that it takes only one finger to put the door up or down. With just the interior panel off, i have to force it down. Look in my pics, the shocks are rated at 720 lbs. This is a model specific kit, not universal. They did theyre homework. That probably why its patented.

Thanks for all the comments so far! Ill keep everyone posted but im just waiting to hear from the company right now!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
whatever vectors, gull wings, deloreans, mclarens.......all supercars DESIGNED that way from the begining...they can pull it off.........other cars have no business doing it
Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAm11973
whatever vectors, gull wings, deloreans, mclarens.......all supercars DESIGNED that way from the begining...they can pull it off.........other cars have no business doing it
He asked if you had any negative comments leave them out. Its his car and its what he likes, I dont think your opinion matters to him.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, i just heard from Verticle doors inc. They dont open any wider than that on firebirds so, looks like theyre coming off. No extensions needed after all. So theyll be for sale if anyones interested!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

sorry to hear about them not working, but you said you live in cali where its busy? yet the pics look like there from a grape vineyard miles away from town.

secondly, you hate when people park next to you and scratch your car or your hit your door on there car.... dude i wouldnt park my daily driven ranger next to that car afraid yours will catch fire or the owner would try to get into my car.. just a thought. and im still laughing at this whole thread, did you really invest 2500 dollars into that???
Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Looks good to me. For all the haters go change your oil and tell people you work on you car. Lots of talk and no do.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PoorMan
Looks good to me. For all the haters go change your oil and tell people you work on you car. Lots of talk and no do.
that doesnt look like work to me, looks like a 13 year old kid got a hammer, nails hack saw, bondo and some lambo doors and made his car "custom" more like custom piece of ****.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is your car a t top car? if so i would worry about the extra weight and possibe flex? i cant stand them but you get kudos for doing what YOU want to YOUR car damn the opinions of others..
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, i figured some of you may appreciate the latest pics. I slapped on the body panels to answer a clearance issue question. Since i decided to take them off, these are probably the only chance youll have to see what it would have looked like completed! Sorry about the quality, my digital died and i had to grab my celly.

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
sorry to hear about them not working, but you said you live in cali where its busy? yet the pics look like there from a grape vineyard miles away from town.

secondly, you hate when people park next to you and scratch your car or your hit your door on there car.... dude i wouldnt park my daily driven ranger next to that car afraid yours will catch fire or the owner would try to get into my car.. just a thought. and im still laughing at this whole thread, did you really invest 2500 dollars into that???

My parents are farmers. We live inside our orchards. Seems rural but its near sacramento. We are out to ourselves but only 3 miles from town. Right down around the corber like 500 feet is a huge housing track and a school district, Just beyond that is town. We're kind of the last orchards left everything around us got cut down for housing. California lost a lot of produce, and now all those houses are standing empty.
My car looks like that because in order to put the new hinges on, you have to take off the front bumper and fender. If you read my thread, i wasnt finished with the install. I was still pondering keeping them or taking them off. The last pictures, the body panels are still just hanging from the frame, not screwed in. If you read my post you would have seen the part where i said i grabbed my stock rollers just to get itout to snap a pic. Wheres the bondo? I dont see any bondo. I dont think bondos required to instal a metal hinge.

I DID not invest $2500! Again, if you read before posting an ignorant response, i got a great deal on them becuase of a situation with the company and the camaro they were intended for.

Last edited by evilZO6; 02-03-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
is your car a t top car? if so i would worry about the extra weight and possibe flex? i cant stand them but you get kudos for doing what YOU want to YOUR car damn the opinions of others..
That wouldnt worry me, i have SFC and soon a Wolfe 8 point frame that ties into them. Its still the same doors, bolted to the same place on the car. I would assume them hanging 3 feet from the car would put more downward tension on the bolts than all the weight being balanced above them.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by evilZO6
extending the harness requires cutting and spliceing on two ends, 32 wires. More than you'd imagine. So if i dont absolutely have to do it, i won't.
Junkyard.
Cut door connector with a length of wire.
Cut chassis connector with a length of wire.
Solder together so your car connects to the junkyard door connector which is soldered to the junkyard chassis connector which plugs into your door connector.
There's your extension.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont get why they dont work, ive seen a v6 bird with lambo doors that worked for him.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whytryz28
I dont get why they dont work, ive seen a v6 bird with lambo doors that worked for him.

I dont know how you got that impression, but they worked perfectly. I'm taking them off becuase they dont open as high up as i thought they would. I'm 6'3" 240lbs and im just too big to be trying to get around them the way i have to. I was under the impression that they opened 90 degrees is why i installed them. But they don't and with my size its just as hard to get out of my car with these as it was with regular doors. In cramped spaces i mean.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by x2jesse1x
how about you just dont park around people if ur a squeezing into parking spaces. You are the same guy that would post up about ur car getn dinged or scratched because you cant walk 2 more feet.

You cant honestly expect to come on here and expect people to give you good advice. I have seen enough of them in the past years on fuckn civics and imports to make me hate them on real lambos. There is no functionality about this. The shocks go bad often, these doors are fuckn heavy and long.
your a dick i understand where he is coming from even ifyou park in the back of the parking lot in cali there is a car next to you and why not put them on there to make your life easier i mean **** your just pissed he got the idea for you so just fu*k off.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by jmd
Junkyard.
Cut door connector with a length of wire.
Cut chassis connector with a length of wire.
Solder together so your car connects to the junkyard door connector which is soldered to the junkyard chassis connector which plugs into your door connector.
There's your extension.
on th kit there should have ben a place to change or extend it from 45 to 90 it is like a little bolt on most kits, you just raise the bolt to the next level
Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by babygirrl757
on th kit there should have ben a place to change or extend it from 45 to 90 it is like a little bolt on most kits, you just raise the bolt to the next level
thanks for trying to help i really appreciate it, however, i contacted the manufacturer and they said theres only one setting and thats as far as it opens on firebirds.

Quick Reply: Lambo door install- a few Q's