Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Lambo door install- a few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009 | 01:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by evilZO6
I dont know how you got that impression, but they worked perfectly. I'm taking them off becuase they dont open as high up as i thought they would. I'm 6'3" 240lbs and im just too big to be trying to get around them the way i have to. I was under the impression that they opened 90 degrees is why i installed them. But they don't and with my size its just as hard to get out of my car with these as it was with regular doors. In cramped spaces i mean.
This guys door looked liked almost vertical. Maybe theres more kits out there.
Old 02-08-2009 | 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

WAIT!!!!!!!!!

I have a magazine edition of pontiacs and it has an article on how you can get those lambo doors to fit perfect!!! if any internet gurus are on here, maybe you can look it up, it is a black formula ws6 i believe, a 2000, and its on the cover of a pontiac magazine, the guy who did it owns his own body shop, if you are very interested in knowing what he did, tell me and i can post pics of the pages from my magazine!! either that or I can give you the name of his buisness and his name and maybe you can call him!!!
Old 02-09-2009 | 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Hey guys, apparently some of you can't read. Look at the title. He's not asking for your opinions on looks. If he wants to put lambo doors on his car it's his choice. He's looking for people with experience with the doors not your opinion. If you don't have any input to help the man out: Keep your bashing to yourself. KEEP IN MIND, He is not doing this to your car! It always seems like it's someone who can't even afford a cam swap or even boltons are the ones who bash because they think about what they would do if they had the money. If you feel the need to bash, why don't one of you start a new thread all about what you wouldn't door to your Fbody.
Old 02-14-2009 | 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by soxin2008
WAIT!!!!!!!!!

I have a magazine edition of pontiacs and it has an article on how you can get those lambo doors to fit perfect!!! if any internet gurus are on here, maybe you can look it up, it is a black formula ws6 i believe, a 2000, and its on the cover of a pontiac magazine, the guy who did it owns his own body shop, if you are very interested in knowing what he did, tell me and i can post pics of the pages from my magazine!! either that or I can give you the name of his buisness and his name and maybe you can call him!!!
Thanks for offering to help, but i got them on perfectly. I was simply wondering a few things but theyve been cleared up. I took them off becuase it just wasnt working with my size. Theyre for sale if your interested ill make you a good deal! Pm me

Originally Posted by badazzta00
Hey guys, apparently some of you can't read. Look at the title. He's not asking for your opinions on looks. If he wants to put lambo doors on his car it's his choice. He's looking for people with experience with the doors not your opinion. If you don't have any input to help the man out: Keep your bashing to yourself. KEEP IN MIND, He is not doing this to your car! It always seems like it's someone who can't even afford a cam swap or even boltons are the ones who bash because they think about what they would do if they had the money. If you feel the need to bash, why don't one of you start a new thread all about what you wouldn't door to your Fbody.
Thanks so much. I appreciate members like yourself as well as a few others on here. I dont understand bashing i dont understand why someone pushes their own personal opinions on people so hard. If you dont want it, then dont do it.
Old 02-18-2009 | 10:53 PM
Teching In

when i had my camaro i wanted to put lambo doors on it and a body kit along with a custom paint job and the guys got a nice bird and i think the lambo doors looked good to bad it didnt work out the way he wanted it to but unless someone asks keep ur harsh and sometime very ignorant opinions to urself
Old 02-22-2009 | 03:18 PM
On The Tree

WTF?!? are you serious? lambo doors on an f-body? lol just kidding. its sad to hear that you have to take them off now after all that work. sometimes it would be nice to have these like in the garage between a car and a wall but i have to worry about other mods first. the only thing i dont like about these are the (idk what you would call them?) hinges i guess. they look homemade and not classy at all.
Old 02-22-2009 | 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

save the T/a & buy a beater... i have a neon i'll sell you
Old 02-28-2009 | 09:48 PM
Teching In

Default Support

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Maybe youre not understanding me, THEY'RE ALREADY ON! they open and close perfectly.No gaps. No leaks. Perfect. It bolted right into the factory hardware location although cutting is required. I hardly had to adjust it. And i can open it regularly if i want to. This kit is from verticle doors inc it cost 2500 and is the only patented kit out there they are the only ones to get it right. As far as parking away from people, i do every chance i get but not all parking lots have empty sections in them. There are a lot of places i frequently go that doesnt have much parking. Plus when i parallel park in the city on a busy street, it would be so much easier to put my doors up rather than let them hang out in traffic and have to rush out. I just needed advice about the wiring harness i thought maybe you guys were up to the challenge but it looks like people on here are as close minded as ever. Oh well, i'm on my own. At least my car wont be "custom" with c5 rims,or ttII's, and blackbird stripes like everyones here.
Hey don't look too much for support, there's always somebody who's gonna hate it. I bet there's even someone on this forum who thinks Kate Beckinsale is ugly. Granted, they should be caught and shot, but I've been eyeing those verticle door kits myself. Would you mind emailing me some pics and tell me more about how they turned out? I've been wanting them for the same reason: it just seems like it'd be a whole lot more convenient. I'm not worried enough about looks to drop 2.5k; that's money I could be spending on the Magpul Masada.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2009 | 10:08 PM
Teching In

Ok sorry I posted before reading the whole thing. I think some of the guys are right though, they advertise a 90 degree lift and it doesn't take an MIT grad to see that it isn't 90 degrees. I've seen that on a few T/A pics and they never quite open up like they should, and I've always wondered if they just weren't up all the way in the pics. Your height shouldn't matter, with that kit the doors should at least clear the level of your headrest. So is there no vertical door kit out there that opens 90 degrees on a Trans Am?

By the way your car looks good with them on.
Old 03-01-2009 | 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Daedelus
Ok sorry I posted before reading the whole thing. I think some of the guys are right though, they advertise a 90 degree lift and it doesn't take an MIT grad to see that it isn't 90 degrees. I've seen that on a few T/A pics and they never quite open up like they should, and I've always wondered if they just weren't up all the way in the pics. Your height shouldn't matter, with that kit the doors should at least clear the level of your headrest. So is there no vertical door kit out there that opens 90 degrees on a Trans Am?

By the way your car looks good with them on.
Thanks! They just didnt open enough for me personally. My friend is 5'9" and he could get in and out a lot easier than before. I couldn't get in very easily so i only got to the point in those pics and decided to remove them. I've already sold them and everything. But theres a car on my local craigslist and he has them 90 degrees. Its a v-6 firebird but it is up a full 90. Looks horrible like the door broke off but it looks ike it would be super easy to get in.
Old 04-25-2009 | 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree they look cool and i'm thinking about doing it too. I actually had a gt diablo kit from chaser automotive I think. It came with dual shocks on each side and was beefy as hell, it was weld on kit. Never got to install it though had to sell it. As for you flaming about this kit, hmmm well if you like it screw you. And if i'm not mistaken aren't the ricers and "pimp" mobiles the first ones who started the whole 19, 20" rim fad? So if you put a bad *** set of 19's on your trans am does that make you a ricer too? Or striped/decals? And for functionality, oh yeah I was stationed in england and you wanna talk about small parking spots.
Well if I can find a good kit that don't cost a fortune i'll do it too, that gt diablo kit cost like 500, and from looking at it, it looks awesome but not sure how it works on the door. Oh by the way if you email chaser they had a step by step to how to weld on kit for trans am.

Quick Reply: Lambo door install- a few Q's