Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need you guys' opinions on estimate for Sunoco hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Cool. Thanks guys. We'll see what it involves. I'll be getting an estimate soon. Thing is on this car is that all of the panels are already perfect. No chips/scratches/nothing... The car only has 17k miles on it and has been garaged with a cover over it 99% of the time so I don't know that it will require extensive blending. It should be "pretty" straightforward...
Mine had 30isk but the girl who owed it before me hit a bazillion bugs and never washed the nose and had stains on it so eventually it needed to be done. If the color had no metallic involved it should be cheaper but NMB, MMM, SOM, LPM, and Silver would be harder and thus costing more money.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Mine had 30isk but the girl who owed it before me hit a bazillion bugs and never washed the nose and had stains on it so eventually it needed to be done. If the color had no metallic involved it should be cheaper but NMB, MMM, SOM, LPM, and Silver would be harder and thus costing more money.
Yeah, I expected that the color would be a bit more pricey than a standard color. I don't mind paying the money to have it done right, I just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed on price. If 1,000 is what it will genuinely take to get it done right so that it looks %100 perfect and that's the fair price, then I have no problems paying it. I just want to make sure that I'm not getting $300 overcharged... That's all.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont blame you, sounds like a super nice car you have, About as close to a "new" camaro you can get.
For some reason, red color paints are allways more expensive than most other colors. I have no idea why.
be sure to post the estament, and ask what type and brand of paint they will be useing.. It would suck to pay $500+ just to have them spray it with an off brand, acrylic enamel or worse...
Im sure you dont want to do this all over in 2 years.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by innovative induction
Dont blame you, sounds like a super nice car you have, About as close to a "new" camaro you can get.
For some reason, red color paints are allways more expensive than most other colors. I have no idea why.
be sure to post the estament, and ask what type and brand of paint they will be useing.. It would suck to pay $500+ just to have them spray it with an off brand, acrylic enamel or worse...
Im sure you dont want to do this all over in 2 years.
Nope, sure don't. I'll post up estimates as I get them...

Thanks all...
Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stop being lazy and align the hood yourself and cut the labor in half
Old 03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid 550 for my hood to be painted and blended...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I dropped the hood off today for prep/paint. $450 is the price I was quoted painted Medium Red Metallic.

I'll get some finished shots up when I get it back next week.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Need you guys' opinions on estimate for Sunoco hood