Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Trans am side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am side skirts

I want to remove the side skirts on my trans am, but I know there will be holes there. Does anyone make a cover like a side skirt but not hang as low to cover up the holes?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I have never seen anything like that. You'll probably have to use fiberglass and body filler to fill the holes.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have attempted this already to repair the sideskirt, and I couldn't get the damn thing off, period. It seems to be glued to the front fender and was pulling the fender off when I tried to pull it off of there. I am going to remove then when I get the car painted, and have the holes filled in that way its not noticable.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What about the low(lower than the "deleted rocker moulding") front and rear bumper that flows with them. won't it look like this ___------___? I only ask because I've got a broken one too.

Here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...mula-swap.html

-SS

Last edited by hotrodscrap; 07-16-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
I have attempted this already to repair the sideskirt, and I couldn't get the damn thing off, period. It seems to be glued to the front fender and was pulling the fender off when I tried to pull it off of there. I am going to remove then when I get the car painted, and have the holes filled in that way its not noticable.
The ground effect is held on by a metal strip w/ (2) 11mm nuts at the fender, rear bottom. It's PITA, pulled it off last night. You have to push the inner fender up enough to get to them, and not break the rubber thats sandwitched between the strip and body(rocker) Sucks! After that just weld up the holes in the rocker, sand, weld, grind, fill, sand, paint.

-SS

Quick Reply: Trans am side skirts