Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fender install

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fender install

OK I am having to replace my fenders on my 01 Z. I just want to know if its as easy as it looks or should I get a body shop to do it. If I can have them and my hood installed myself I can save a lot of money. The hood is no problem but the fender APPEARS to just be a few screws and it comes off and thats it. somewhere here I heard about using a heat gun and stretching the fender. I dont want to do all of that but I will take the screws out and pop it on if thats all it is to it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 08-01-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are the bolts along the top you can see once the hood is open, one in the front behind the headlight, three nuts to take off on the bottom in the front where it mounts to the bumper, one inside the fenderwell near the back twards the door (you hace to remove or loosen your inner fender well), one in the bulge for the rear view mirror (you will have to have your door open) and two on the bottom under the car. I think that is all of them, You will probably want to save & reuse the bracket off of your current fender, you will see it once the fenders off. I have never had to heat anything to get the fender off.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McNord
There are the bolts along the top you can see once the hood is open, one in the front behind the headlight, three nuts to take off on the bottom in the front where it mounts to the bumper, one inside the fenderwell near the back twards the door (you hace to remove or loosen your inner fender well), one in the bulge for the rear view mirror (you will have to have your door open) and two on the bottom under the car. I think that is all of them, You will probably want to save & reuse the bracket off of your current fender, you will see it once the fenders off. I have never had to heat anything to get the fender off.
Thanks I can handle that.. I think the heat was to get the fender on.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I replaced my driver side fender myself. Never needed a heat gun for taking it off or putting it on.

Quick Reply: Fender install