Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Who tints tail lights here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol this is madness man you know we all love our cars and we all are very picky in how they look. I take a lot of pride in my 95 Z, knowing there are very few left in the condition mine is in. The BMW thing was only an exaggeration of how far you took things. I'm not saying you are a moron for doing your tail lights the right way, because I agree with you. Doing them in a spray booth using a gun spraying real clear is going to be better than using VHT and rattle can clear. I would love to do mine that way, but I had some spare tail lights, time on my hands, and thought it would be a fun little challenge. Now you must admit that by looking at the pics I posted they came out surprisingly good after the wetsanding and buffing. I don't understand why you are calling me a hack and they look like dick though? I posted up my results and my opinion of a way to tint tail lights by yourself on your own time and you turned it into an agrument of which is better, and basically shat all over my work. I posted my pics, its clearly doesnt look like dick like you say, and you completely bashed my work. This is why I barely come on here anymore, because everyone thinks they are the best and turn everything into a competition of how amazing their car is. Totally ruins the fun.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^dont let him get to you. his profession has made him big headed so he's making it out to be one huge competeition where he has to win. none of the people vouching for vht came out and said it was BETTER, we just all offered it as anothere, cheaper solution that can yield great results. and then here comes SIR ALMIGHTY GREATNESS to come bash on everyone.. its cool. dont even worry about people like that. it'll get you nowhere

Quick Reply: Who tints tail lights here?