Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Pics of Flat Black/Satin Trans Ams?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far its the easiet to take care of ! not like you need to wax it or buff it , i went to the car wash and didnt use soap just high pressure hose took all the dirt off but its black so you still have to deal with dirt like a normal black car its cool you dont see or run into other cars painted like this .
Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

mine shows much less dirt than a gloss black car, but a little more than the blue did before...its not as bad as I expected

I just wash like normal with soap, no wax...water still beads off naturally (might be because mine is primer not paint)

it scratches a little easy with fingernails and stuff but big whoop its a streetfighter look...its gonna get some battle scars
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
So far its the easiet to take care of ! not like you need to wax it or buff it , i went to the car wash and didnt use soap just high pressure hose took all the dirt off but its black so you still have to deal with dirt like a normal black car its cool you dont see or run into other cars painted like this .
post up those pics!!!

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
mine shows much less dirt than a gloss black car, but a little more than the blue did before...its not as bad as I expected

I just wash like normal with soap, no wax...water still beads off naturally (might be because mine is primer not paint)

it scratches a little easy with fingernails and stuff but big whoop its a streetfighter look...its gonna get some battle scars
you guys are definitely making me want to do this. i think i will.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As soon as my tax money comes in I'm droppin my car off at the painter to get done in SEM Hot Rod black. I already get everything worked out with the body shop back in December. I'm hopin my tax money is enough to grab some wheels/tires from OEwheels at the same time.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

some thin spoke c5 wheels in gunmetal or satin aluminum would look sick with the new paint

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
As soon as my tax money comes in I'm droppin my car off at the painter to get done in SEM Hot Rod black. I already get everything worked out with the body shop back in December. I'm hopin my tax money is enough to grab some wheels/tires from OEwheels at the same time.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Veteran

how would water spots effect it? has it stayed out in the rain at all. my car wont be able to stay in the garage all the time, and it will be a daily driver, so it will see rain/morning dew every once in a while. just wondering how it will respond to dried on water spots, will they wash/rinse off fairly easy like on paint, or do they leave harder spots?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John Deere Blitz Black is just the right level of satin. I plan to do that to my Formula in a couple months. Should be killer with my Torque Thrust Classic wheels .
Old 01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

my car is rarely garaged (only when my dads shop has an open bay) so it's had its fair share of rain

so far its all washed off though, but like I said mine is primer and over time will chalk up and grey...if you want the look and intend to keep it the hot rod black or something comparible that is actually paint would be better to withstand UV rays and the like
Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

some thin spoke c5 wheels in gunmetal or satin aluminum would look sick with the new paint
Already plannin on pickin up the C5 DD in Matte black w/stainless lip. Along with DragonZ28 polished stainless overlays.

Should look & be the only 4th gen fbody in NE oklahoma with my paint/wheel scheme.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Already plannin on pickin up the C5 DD in Matte black w/stainless lip. Along with DragonZ28 polished stainless overlays.

Should look & be the only 4th gen fbody in NE oklahoma with my paint/wheel scheme.
good call, the deep dish c5 wheels look flat out amazing, I didn't even realize they were supposed to be vette knock offs due to the curved spokes they have

much better looking than the played out c5z or zr1s (neither of which I think look good as a design in the first place) but still dirt cheap

I wish they would fit my car and the 17s were wider...I'd give them a shot, but the backspace and the having to run 18s in back killed that idea
Old 01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

good call, the deep dish c5 wheels look flat out amazing, I didn't even realize they were supposed to be vette knock offs due to the curved spokes they have

much better looking than the played out c5z or zr1s (neither of which I think look good as a design in the first place) but still dirt cheap

I wish they would fit my car and the 17s were wider...I'd give them a shot, but the backspace and the having to run 18s in back killed that idea
Yep, I'm just gonna go 17x9's all around to save on tire costs. And to keep a wider variety of DR if I wanna run one. But I have Convo Pros for serious business, LOL.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

i love matte black, this is totally out of the element but this is my friends evo i shot a few months back....

Old 01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

thats funny i have c5 wheels on it i have the pics but my blackberry went down with the pics on it lol so tommarrow i will take them with the camara !
Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

^ ^ ^ hurry hurry hurry!!!!!!!!!!! :d
Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

crazy wicked.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Ok finally some pics ! sorry the sunshine state wasnt to sunny today but this is what i have

This is what i started with i think it came out pretty good :-)

Old 01-17-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

that sir, is gorgeour. what exact paint did you use for it, as well as clear (if any).

I'm 100% set on doing this for my next paint job so i'd really appreciate some details.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks :-) I used Hot rod black no clear is used , you prep the car and i tack cloth it shoot the paint very simple to do, wait 10 to 15 min between coats i put 3 on . If you want to buy the same paint let me know i have enough for you to do 3 coats on your car and everything you will need reducer and hardener.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
Thanks :-) I used Hot rod black no clear is used , you prep the car and i tack cloth it shoot the paint very simple to do, wait 10 to 15 min between coats i put 3 on . If you want to buy the same paint let me know i have enough for you to do 3 coats on your car and everything you will need reducer and hardener.
i'd love to buy it from you now, but money in my pockets is non-existent. i'm selling the camaro and Trans am to get another car with the money i make. thats gonna be my big project car, and it's going to be this color.

so it'll be a few months or so before i have the next car and i really get into the work.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks great! I'm glad to see the pics, I had my doubts. I've seen A LOT of posts where people have said "I'm doing that this weekend & I'll post pics when I'm done" And then would post "It looks bad *** but I didn't get any pics" never to be heard from again lol.

Congrats on actually following though & an awesome paint job!

Quick Reply: Pics of Flat Black/Satin Trans Ams?