Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Anybody have expirience with DeBeer paints .

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Anybody have expirience with DeBeer paints .

Im getting close to painting my car . A friend of mine who owns a shop is gonna be doing the re-paint . I dont have any worries of his skill , but I dont have any prior knowledge of the paint brand he uses . He mixes own paint and has all the correct bases to make jetstream blue , so he wants to use his paint , and I would like to too for cost reasons . To make this color is really costly even with he stuff he already has , so I guess Im just looking for reassurance this brand has a decent history . I mean his paint jobs looks fabulous , but I dont know the long term . I hear alot of guys nit pick about certain brands , so just looking for an opinion . Im really just looking for comments from people who have painted with the brand of paint , or have had their car painted with Debeer paint .

I dont have to much knowledge of automotive paints and I have a couple different friends that do telling me to use the brands they like , not sure whos right or if their both right . As long as prep is done properly ( sand , primer , sealer , clean ect. ) , does paint brand really even matter ? I mean it's not like were talking duplicolor from autozone and painting it in the backyard under a tree with shitty guns

Last edited by LT4vert; 02-11-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

debeer sucks trust me !!! its got like a bear or sumthin ?? i paint a bumper with it at a shop an its cheap *** paint trust me i even have the number to the shop an u can ask em if they use that paint so u kno im not lyin lol !!! try standox is good its from europe !
Old 02-12-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 92-T5
debeer sucks trust me !!! its got like a bear or sumthin ?? i paint a bumper with it at a shop an its cheap *** paint trust me i even have the number to the shop an u can ask em if they use that paint so u kno im not lyin lol !!! try standox is good its from europe !
See , thats why I dont trust . People say trust me and cant ever explain why they feel they way feel . Ya know , just trust me
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT4vert
See , thats why I dont trust . People say trust me and cant ever explain why they feel they way feel . Ya know , just trust me
this here is standox paint, i painted my friend bumper like this summer

debeer paint looks a lil cheap an not as bright !
Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

speaking from experience and more than just one paint job ^ De Beers is on par with the other major paint brands (ppg, valspar, sikkens, standox) Every brand has its little quirks and subtle differences but at the end of the day any knowledgable painter or body man can get any of these brands to work for them. I have shot all of the major brands and while I prefer certain ones for certain types of jobs or color matches I can use any with success and trust that it will last a long time. Besides De Beers didnt sell over 100 million in paint last year because it "sucks."
Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

does suck!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
PBC

Great Question How does Debeer Refinishes compare to the Top Brands ?
I will first let you know that I started my professional career in autobody in 1981 -starting out when PPG deltron was first on the market , Using that product for 10 years , switching To Dupont Chroma base , For a long time 12 years or so .
We have a high quality Down draft and use the high solids primers , along with the high solids clears - I also had some experience with Basf , and sikkens - ok enough of that i'm sure you get the picture what lead me to the Debeer , Valspar bought House Of Kolor ( one of the biggest paint companys in the world they supply many of the raw materials to the other well know companys - they took on Debeer - so i put the bank in my shop and it was the end of color match issues - the paint uses the liquid pearls more expensive than the powder pearls , they also came out with the first motercycle chip book that I had ever seen ( beautifull for mixing motorcycle inks - back on track - Deneer is one of the best quality paints I have ever used , along with there high quality primer (hs) and their clear med and high solids you cant beat the simplicity of there reducer and hardners - top notch take a look at http://palmbeachcustoms.com of some of the jobs also a gallery on http://smoketire.com ( most all of the jobs on this site were shot with house of kolor - or debeer hope this is helpfull

Quick Reply: Anybody have expirience with DeBeer paints .