Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

paint imperfections on slp parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question paint imperfections on slp parts

Anyone ever looked at their cars under flourescent light? My car has very visible imperfections in hood and spoiler. Fenders, front bumper cover, trunk, etc. all look good. Hood and spoiler have very visible flaws that look pretty bad under flourescent light. All adjacent panels look good and don't have these same issues. You can't see these problems outside, which is good. I was always under the impression the hood and spoiler were installed and painted at SLP, so I guess there paint work is nowhere near GM's paint work. Let me know if I'm wrong on this.

2001 Camaro SS vert
Old 04-24-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

prob need more explanation.. does it look like fiberglass that needs more sanding maybe? i've heard its normal, i know mine isnt as smooth as quarter panels etc.. and my hood and spoiler both match.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like you can see scratches from sanding that weren't smoothed and the paint looks like it dried unevenly or something. You can see areas that almost like a run, but the paint is not higher in that area like a run would be. Real hard to explain, but definitely noticeable under flourescent light. Everything on the car matches (black) and looks good, just under the light, the hood and spoiler look like a little kid did the work.

Quick Reply: paint imperfections on slp parts