Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Cop dog messed my paint up

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greekey
Hire a Lawyer. You can get the whole car re-painted.
the price u pay for a lawyer, u might as well just pay to get the damn thing painted loll...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
i got pulled over about a month ago for no tag lights, but they did work he told me he smelled pot and i said yes sir i was smoking some about 30min ago, then he asked if i had any i said no, he asked if he could search i said yes he looked for 10-15 min after not finding anything he said even if i would have found some i wouldnt have taken you to jail for pot (i laughed) and then he told me to wait a little longer next time before driving under the influence

ps the point of my story is cops can pull you over for no reason and just make one up when they get to your window

stupid cop the blunt was in the AC vent i couldnt belive he didnt find it, i was smoking it 30 seconds before he pulled me over
Hence the name: smok'nZ

OP: contact the department, file a report and go from there.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stupid cop the blunt was in the AC vent i couldnt belive he didnt find it, i was smoking it 30 seconds before he pulled me over
Now we know how you came up with your screen name.

I don't know what's funnier here. The fact that the cop couldn't find a joint in the ac vent, or the fact that the guy who's driving his car while he's half-baked is calling the cop stupid.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

post some pics. the scratches may buff out. it's not worth the hassle unless the car needs some paint work.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

lol priceless
Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fight it
Old 11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if you did match the description of someone who committed a robbery around that time, how does that justify a drug search? I could understand if they wanted to search your car for stolen merchandise but bringing in a sniffer dog is ridiculous, cop was just trying to give you a hard time.

Originally Posted by SSickLS1SS
the price u pay for a lawyer, u might as well just pay to get the damn thing painted loll...
He only has to pay the lawyer if he losses the case, if he wins (and he probably will) they have to pay his legal fees.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

i got pulled over about a month ago for no tag lights, but they did work he told me he smelled pot and i said yes sir i was smoking some about 30min ago, then he asked if i had any i said no, he asked if he could search i said yes he looked for 10-15 min after not finding anything he said even if i would have found some i wouldnt have taken you to jail for pot (i laughed) and then he told me to wait a little longer next time before driving under the influence

ps the point of my story is cops can pull you over for no reason and just make one up when they get to your window

^^ funny post be careful with that brotha, two of my buddies went to jail last night for it. had to lift thier sacks and spread thier butt cheeks and everything lol. worst part... they got caught before so they werent even high when they went to the jail house. but excellent story on your part none the less. ill drink to that one
Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

If they walk the dog around the vehicle and it is alerted, that gives them probable cause and they can search your vehicle. If they destroy anything in the process of the search it as at the owners expense even if they don't find anything.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

I have to tell u my story.last spring i got pulled over for no front plate.so i decided i would wait until there was a nice clean shoulder to stop .i get out of the car and try to tell him im very **** about my car.and then he tell me the usual and im like u actually think i would shot u over something like this.yes i know im the asshat for getting out first.oh yeah he also bust my ***** for 5 mph over on the northern state.he's like if u didnt be an *** i would have probably let u go.i just think its bs that we can get stoped for dat because our state u need 2.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mattn
yes i know im the asshat for getting out first.
You got out of the car first?? Wow that is a recipe for DISASTER.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Latch
You got out of the car first?? Wow that is a recipe for DISASTER.
I thought that was SOP in some areas. ?? When a CHP pulled me over when I was stationed in Cali, I was in the left lane and the traffic was thick. He puts his lights on at an intersection so I turned left and pulled over. This ******* jumps out with his gun drawn yelling for my hands! I comply and he walks up and says "You gonna try and run from ME!?" LMAO I'm trying not to laugh at this fool and point out the fact that I AM in fact stopped at the SOONEST possible time! He stopped me for tailgating but I told him to turn around and look at the traffic, that **** was bumper to bumper! He shakes his head tells me to be careful and leaves. Had to be just because I had out of state plates and military base decal. Some Cops are just gonna be pigs.

Ever get that door repaired? What did the PD say??
Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

I am going to say you are **** out of luck! My friend had a dog do over a thousand in damages to his truck, he even got a lawyer, the judge pretty much told him that cops can do whatever they want to...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

^^^^ ^^agreed
i dont know how it is with local but when i went thru yuma at the border patrol i guess a white man with a wife and two kids in the back was good enough to have the dogs over. they told me to get out of the truck and the dogs jumped up in the truck and the claws ripped thru my seats and all they said was sorry. and there was nothing i could do.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

seems reasonable that even if you have pot in the car and your car smells like it, if the cops can't find it and/or don't charge you, it seems like if nothing else your insurance should cover the damage. if you were caught with pot even the insurance would deny you. so, i guess try to sue the cops but ultimately i think your insurance is going to be your only hope.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

really hope everything works out for you man, do your best just dont get too deep into it. if its gonna cost more for legal fees than to fix your car than i say in my opinion just get your car fixed. but i do agree that it is a bunch of BS.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

Curious, what the dept. say after you report it..KICK them OFF..

Quick Reply: Cop dog messed my paint up