Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Cop dog messed my paint up

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cop dog messed my paint up

So yesterday night i got pulled over for speeding. Well they decided they wanted to bring a dog to search my car and the dog jumped up on my car leaving scraths all on my car. pissed me off and now icve gotta figure out the best to fix this mess up on the damn cops falut
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

report it to the department after you get a professional quote. A dog can't damage property in a search especially if there isn't probable cause...unless they got some off you, then you're stuck. No reason for a dog to jump up on a car. SMH
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Teching In

they didnt find anything and had the dog come. So if they say they have smelt the odor and i'm still okay to file a complaint?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big zman
they didnt find anything and had the dog come. So if they say they have smelt the odor and i'm still okay to file a complaint?
what odor?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Teching In

pot odor. but there was none smoked or in the car, they said that there was someone that was robbed and that it was a white male that was around my age.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned

So yesterday night i got pulled over for speeding. Well they decided they wanted to bring a dog to search my car and the dog jumped up on my car leaving scraths all on my car. pissed me off and now icve gotta figure out the best to fix this mess up on the damn cops falut
file a complant to the courts for damages filling a complant at the police station will get you know where!!!.i take that back file one there to asap so that you have something on record,if he smelt any hint of marry jane that was the cause for bringing dog,but if you dont smoke then there was no reason...but if you do just play dumb....lol
Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
file a complant to the courts for damages filling a complant at the police station will get you know where!!!.i take that back file one there to asap so that you have something on record,if he smelt any hint of marry jane that was the cause for bringing dog,but if you dont smoke then there was no reason...but if you do just play dumb....lol
yea i think im goin to file at both! just to make sure. I just hate seeing the mindnight blue camaro with little scrathes all over the driver door
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

ive gotten arrested for getting a jacket out of my grandpas garage while he was on vacation, the cop told me it was criminal trespassing. told the chief or whoever it was and my parents he caught me smoking pot. cops can say anything, make sure you can prove them wrong.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

yea i think im goin to file at both! just to make sure. I just hate seeing the mindnight blue camaro with little scrathes all over the driver door
maaannnn i fill you..well goodluck
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not let them get away with it. If they didn't find **** but they let the dog **** up your car then they should pay. ********.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

I agree!!!!! Go after them!!!! They can't just destroy your property without justification and the fact that they smelled something and brought in a search k-9 doesn't justify the dog scratching your car!!!! Me personally, I would have gone to jail that night because I would have made a fool out of myself with that officer when I saw his dog all over my damn car!!!! Not Right at all!!!!!!!!! Good luck
Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Call the department, if that doesnt work get a court date. Simple as that. No reason to show your ***
Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by droccm98
ive gotten arrested for getting a jacket out of my grandpas garage while he was on vacation, the cop told me it was criminal trespassing. told the chief or whoever it was and my parents he caught me smoking pot. cops can say anything, make sure you can prove them wrong.
Wow...You got shafted.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

actually they can search the car if they smell it but once you go get the quote, get a drug test and if your clean then there is no way that they could say they had suspision
Old 10-20-2010, 02:09 PM
MASS seller approved

i got pulled over about a month ago for no tag lights, but they did work he told me he smelled pot and i said yes sir i was smoking some about 30min ago, then he asked if i had any i said no, he asked if he could search i said yes he looked for 10-15 min after not finding anything he said even if i would have found some i wouldnt have taken you to jail for pot (i laughed) and then he told me to wait a little longer next time before driving under the influence

ps the point of my story is cops can pull you over for no reason and just make one up when they get to your window

stupid cop the blunt was in the AC vent i couldnt belive he didnt find it, i was smoking it 30 seconds before he pulled me over
Old 10-20-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
stupid cop the blunt was in the AC vent i couldnt belive he didnt find it, i was smoking it 30 seconds before he pulled me over
^ Gotta love it. Posts like these remind me I'm on an F-body forum.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got pulled over about a month ago for no tag lights, but they did work he told me he smelled pot and i said yes sir i was smoking some about 30min ago, then he asked if i had any i said no, he asked if he could search i said yes he looked for 10-15 min after not finding anything he said even if i would have found some i wouldnt have taken you to jail for pot (i laughed) and then he told me to wait a little longer next time before driving under the influence

ps the point of my story is cops can pull you over for no reason and just make one up when they get to your window

Thats ******* PRICELESS!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hire a Lawyer. You can get the whole car re-painted.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so which one of these "dopes" are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyufZ...eature=related
Old 10-29-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DOOHHHH Super troopers lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Cop dog messed my paint up