Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Power windows to manual swap, is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Power windows to manual swap, is it possible?

Like the title says I have power windows and I'm tired of changing window motors so I want manual windows. Is it possible to swap in the manual regulators and change the door panels or do I need manual doors?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im actually trying to go from manual to power windows. i know its possible cuz i knew a few guys that have done it just dont know how its done. pretty sure you will have to switch door panels though.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I know that, but I've seen other people ask the same question and the response is usually (just get doors with power windows or manual window doors). I find it difficukt to beleive that GM actually designed separate doors for power or manual windows, I think if I just buy the two window regulators I should be able to just remove the power and add the manual windows.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it shouuuuld be a matter of locating the correct holes, car manufacturers make the doors fit both manual and power, when it gets on the assembly line they either put manual or power in,

what im not sure of is if your asking to go to manual and they never had manual windows on later firebirds
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HAte
it shouuuuld be a matter of locating the correct holes, car manufacturers make the doors fit both manual and power, when it gets on the assembly line they either put manual or power in,

what im not sure of is if your asking to go to manual and they never had manual windows on later firebirds
Not true....Just the other day I had a 98-02 bird park next to the that had power nothing. I saw the passenger side there the window switches are it was a blank cover like a base Camaro would have, but I had NEVER seen them. They had em though...

Oh, and OP, just ******* fix it RIGHT!?! If you just change the motor, then its gonna go bad again. The problem isn't with the motors, its with the wiring in the car. Get the Autotrix kit and it'll fix all the problems...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:21 AM
FormerVendor

It is possible to convert but if you are worried about the weight of your car believe it or not manual windows are heavier than power by 11lbs. Later 4th gen camaros were available with manual windows too but they are very rare. I have 2 sets of power window delete switch door panel inserts if anyone needs them.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by squee
Not true....Just the other day I had a 98-02 bird park next to the that had power nothing. I saw the passenger side there the window switches are it was a blank cover like a base Camaro would have, but I had NEVER seen them. They had em though...

Oh, and OP, just ******* fix it RIGHT!?! If you just change the motor, then its gonna go bad again. The problem isn't with the motors, its with the wiring in the car. Get the Autotrix kit and it'll fix all the problems...
i wasnt saying they didnt come with manual, i said i wasnt sure, but i reread my reply it is worded weird sounding like i said they didnt come with manual

Quick Reply: Power windows to manual swap, is it possible?