Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Windshield Wiper Cowl Painted - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01badbird
i would at least paint but i took and smoothed,filled in dummy holes (drivers side) then had to fill pass. Side holes to make even.also took and sprayed screen alum. And while off sprayed area black (behind cowl) so wouldn't see red thru holes.probably got 10-12 hrs in each side sanding mostly.the black i used was rust-oleom universal (paint& primer) its for practically anything also has funny sprayer on it but works on most angles.if you use a primer at least use black so if you scratch you won't see gray. Good luck!!!!!
nice job!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

THANKS!! Also would paint area under cowl flat black if you don't want to see body paint color thru screens.place on and you will see (use piece black plastic bag under to see if you like better)
Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Mothers makes that "back to black". Honestly, I used it on my truck, I didnt have they great of luck with it. Didnt really seem to do much for me. I use cover all, spray on interior pieces,ext. pieces, and tires. Its obviously just a shine, so when it rains the plastics dull again. But I to agree, I like the smooth, gloss look.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

yeah-good advice, I just connected with a guy on this forum that has a plastic cowl I'm gonna buy and follow your lead with painting-thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

01badbird post some pics of that gauge pod ,that looks killer
Old 12-04-2011, 06:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Made pod so I could use mech ga. for nitrous /fuel and is right in view and tried to make something like the old hood tachs but without putting holes in hood. mounted so needles would be at 12 o'clock when everything where its should be also added armed light so I would see it was ready.also old pics have satin look to finish and a pic from playing in the snow.
Attached Thumbnails Windshield Wiper Cowl Painted - Anyone?-101_1022.jpg   Windshield Wiper Cowl Painted - Anyone?-sunp0023.jpg   Windshield Wiper Cowl Painted - Anyone?-sunp0026.jpg   Windshield Wiper Cowl Painted - Anyone?-pod-inside.jpg  

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Cowl Painted - Anyone?