Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Black T/A Dull Paint, also Painting Job offer for Louisville, KY Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black T/A Dull Paint, also Painting Job offer for Louisville, KY Area

So I recently purchased my new T/A and my wife has this thought in the back of her head that it needs a new paint job. Its an '02 T/A Black and she said the paint just doesn't shine at all and has lost all its luster. Its had quite a few owners so my guess it that it wasn't garage kept much, and the past 10 years the sun has gotten the best of it.

I haven't seen the car in person just pictures, and pictures just don't do justice especially with a 3mp camera phone which is all she has. So, I'm wondering if anyone else with a black t/a (or another color) has had the same problem and if the shine can easily be brought out with some buffing, or is it possible to just have a paint shop salvage the base coat and just reclear over it to bring the shine back out?

If we have any painters near the Louisville, KY that would like some side work or such shoot me a pm so we can work something out.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am no expert and I am sure there are some on here but if the basecoat was still on good shape I do not know why it could not be wet sanded smoothing out and resprayed with clear??
Old 10-20-2011, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm wondering an average price frame it would cost to have a shop wet sand and clear-coat the car.

I have never gotten a paint quote before. I painted my hood and front bumper on my v6 but I dont feel comfortable doing a whole car because that was a headache as it is lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I am about two hours west of you. If you can't find anyone closer let me know and I am sure we can work something out.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I am about two hours west of you. If you can't find anyone closer let me know and I am sure we can work something out.
Thanks Liljay, I will definitely keep you in mind when I return home from Afghanistan in January.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Cool man I appreciate it. Be safe over there.

Here's a link to a car I'm doing now.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...a-repaint.html
Old 10-22-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

full detail. it will look like new paint (unless the clear coat is really bad and starting to oxidize)

Quick Reply: Black T/A Dull Paint, also Painting Job offer for Louisville, KY Area