Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Sata Jet 90 won't fan out...please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sata Jet 90 won't fan out...please help.

I was trying to use my Sata Jet 90 (hasn't been used in a few years). Problem is I can't get more than a 4 inch fan pattern. The resident painter at the shop I am renting a booth from couldn't figure it out either and graciously allowed me to rent his his Sata NR2000 HVLP. Its a pleasure to use, but I am disappointed my gun isn't performing like it should. The needle is clean, air cap is clean, everything was spic and span when I started. I have pulled out the needle and it looks good and clean. The fan adjustment just doesn't seem to do much. I sure would like to finish the job with my own gun. Any ideas to remedy this?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Might need new seals sometimes they will dry up when they haven't been used for a long time, you might be able to get a rebuild kit for it from sata.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere, but I guess it could be internal. That may be the case, it has sat a while and everything seems to be clean.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Apparently Sata has put a ban on internet sales so I am having trouble even finding a price on a seal kit or the one that I need. I guess I'll have to wait until next week unless anyone knows of an "outlaw" internet source for a seal kit on a Sata Jet 90. I hate not being able to buy or at least order things at my leisure.

Quick Reply: Sata Jet 90 won't fan out...please help.