Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good dude
Old 07-30-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres the color i mixed over at Gemstone in Austin... The Stryker/Voodoo blue which is what i was leaning towards was nearly 600 a gallon at discount price so that was instantly ruled out haha. instead i got prices on Interlagos Blue, Jetstream blue, Bluestream Metallic, and Blue Tour de France

Jetstream - 330 a gallon
Bluestream - 330 a gallon
Blue tour de france - 320 a gallon
Interlagos Blue - 311 a gallon

Then lastly my own custom color... its Cyber grey with cobalt tint and alot of blue pearls in it. Im gonna name it "Cyber Blue Pearl" its 300 a gallon.

i should have a test piece sprayed with it as soon as i get accesses to a spray gun and something to spray.. i have 1/2 a pint of base wich mixes down to 1:1.25 so a little over a pint sprayable to test and see how i like it. Its got the Sinister quality of Cyber grey but with a blue tint wich makes it unique...

Kinda looks like a darker Supersonic Bliue..
Old 07-30-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that's gonna look ****. I saw a voodoo blue g8 in person the other day and man did it look good. its a shame its so expensive
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

OK so last sunday up till today Eric and I spent some time aligning the front end on the car and fixing some wiring issues.

Took it all apart

Fixed the pinch welds so that the fenders had a stronger mounting point

And began Filling in holes to smoothe the engine bay.. i still have to finish sanding and preping the engine bay for a final coat.

and lastly did the best possible to align the gaps in the fenders hood and headlights.. theres some issues with it that cant be fixed due to the fact that the car has ben in an accident by the previous owner.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Dosnt look like much of a difference but from how it was before with nothing aligned for crap. there being no gaps around the good and the passenger side hood and headlight being about 1" lower than the fender... also the bumper made contact with the hood and the headlight covers were wayy off
Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wheres the pics of the primered side of under the hood?

Too bad you didn't take pics of the messed up fenders underneath. Those were all sorts of jacked....literally jacked up on. They were however not cracked and we were able to use a heat gun and persuade them back to being perfect. The fenders line up and bolt on much better now.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

This is what you need right here! These are my pics of my car after I really spent some time on it.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Honestly mine really isnt that bad considering the fact that i didnt replace any of my fenders or any brackets... having a fiberglass hood makes it easier.. you can sand and mold it better to fit.. i dont wanna do too much to my WS6 hood. im happy with it.

EDIT: its not going to be a show car like yours... simply "Because RaceCar"

haha my bad

Last edited by TyCZ28; 08-16-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
its going to be a show car like yours... simply "Because RaceCar"
I think you mean ISN'T going to be a show car. Your paint job will look pretty sweet though. Damn you and your HOK Tru Blu Pearl. It's going to look an awful lot like mine.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking paint jobs in here.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this was basically all of the colors I was debating on lol.

Gts blue , viper light blue, stryker blue , blu tour de France, and medium blue metallic.

How different are medium blue metallic and light viper blue?

Keep up the great work!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jet49
Wow this was basically all of the colors I was debating on lol.

Gts blue , viper light blue, stryker blue , blu tour de France, and medium blue metallic.

How different are medium blue metallic and light viper blue?

Keep up the great work!
I still say Blu Tour De France. I was excited when he agreed, but him being so indecisive, he changed his mine over 9000 times afterwards. He even ordered paint 2 times and didn't know which one was coming.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any pictures of the test-panels with the new custom mix?

You're gonna laugh, but I've seen a few newer Mazda3s running around with a pretty cool shade of blue. A little on the lighter side, but every time I've spotted one on the road, I've had to do a double-take.

As for the Tour De France Blue, I like it! However, (basing this off of the photoshop image on page 2), at first glance it reminds me of the stock NBM color. HotwhipT/A, since you've seen both in person, how do they compare?

Currently in the same boat, and debating between re-doing mine in black, or changing things up with an impressive shade of blue.

Looking forward to seeing some painted pics!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Any pictures of the test-panels with the new custom mix?

You're gonna laugh, but I've seen a few newer Mazda3s running around with a pretty cool shade of blue. A little on the lighter side, but every time I've spotted one on the road, I've had to do a double-take.

As for the Tour De France Blue, I like it! However, (basing this off of the photoshop image on page 2), at first glance it reminds me of the stock NBM color. HotwhipT/A, since you've seen both in person, how do they compare?

Currently in the same boat, and debating between re-doing mine in black, or changing things up with an impressive shade of blue.

Looking forward to seeing some painted pics!
On the first page, I posted a Ferrari 458 and 2 links to their photo albums. The Ferrari is dark, but more blue. NBM has a lot of purple in it. Its just plain sex is all I can say. If I hadn't done my car GTS Blue pearl, it would have been Blu Tour De France for sure.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Paint got here today.. HOK TruBlue Pearl

Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Paint got here today.. HOK TruBlue Pearl

What happened to Grabber Blue?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

No trust in what shade of the color i was going to get happened...
Old 08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No trust in what shade of the color i was going to get happened...
Oh well. That HOK blue is gonna look mint though. Hindsight I kind of wish I did my car a different color but all the extra work required I'm glad I didn't. Maybe another car haha.

But really though that color is gorgeous. What clear you gonna use?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Was gonna use a High Solids clear but decided on a medium solids 2k Clear.. im just gonna put on 4 coats so that when i wetsand and polish it it will still be deep. Spraying HS glamour clear in Texas requires a whole different level of badass to get it right... its soo damn hot it the heavy clear just runs too much. after the right about of wetsanding and polishing this will look just as good anyways. On top of that i DD the car and put on average 12k miles on it a year.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Was gonna use a High Solids clear but decided on a medium solids 2k Clear.. im just gonna put on 4 coats so that when i wetsand and polish it it will still be deep. Spraying HS glamour clear in Texas requires a whole different level of badass to get it right... its soo damn hot it the heavy clear just runs too much. after the right about of wetsanding and polishing this will look just as good anyways. On top of that i DD the car and put on average 12k miles on it a year.
Heat can do some nasty things to paint. When you plan on painting it?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

This sunday. its supposed to be around 95 degrees.. but looks like rain.. FML its just gonna take for freaking ever to dry if it rains... oh well a day or 2 in the 100 degree heat on mon and tues should do the trick.

Quick Reply: Re-Painting my T/A