TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine installed just fine:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...oof-panel.html
Old 11-17-2017, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelhawk
Clicked the link, looks pretty **** to me. I'm sure it was at least primed and blocked. I'm guessing its the carbon fiber guys that are having problems. Solution - dont put ricey **** on your car. IMHO.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is painted. Centered isn't the problem. It doesn't fit, none of the long edges are straight so the gap isn't even, and on both sides where it goes to the quarter panel, those surfaces are curved.

But my main beef is 6LE won't allow a negative product review. I trusted Mark/6LE from knowing him on frrax. That was my mistake, but I also had no opportunity to read a legit product review on his site. If Mark has sold anywhere near as many as he claims, one would think there would be more than 4 satisfied customers (3 reviews + 1 in this thread).

To address the blame the body shop angle, for what this costs a body shop shouldn't have to fix every visible surface.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine installed over Thanksgiving weekend. Pretty pleased. Much better than what was on it. fit is a little low on driver's side. Passenger side sits correct. Had my car repainted at a restoration shop, so I had them install it during the process as well as add some graphics.

The guy who installed it said he noticed one side (passenger) seemed a little thicker just before they glued it on. If he had caught it before the paint work was done, he would have made sure the piece was the same thickness throughout.

Still, I have no complaints. Fits pretty good.

Considering these cars are notorious for door panel cracks, broken dash pads, quarter panel dimples, and blown 10 bolts among other things, I'm not real worried about a low corner on the T-bar.
Attached Thumbnails 6LE Roof Install Problems?-1129171157.jpg   6LE Roof Install Problems?-1129171157a.jpg   6LE Roof Install Problems?-1129171157b.jpg   6LE Roof Install Problems?-1129171158b.jpg  

Quick Reply: 6LE Roof Install Problems?