Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Roll on paint jobs? Anyone got them on here if so I need help here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by green manalishi
use a mop...

...it wont leave brush strokes.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a friend and cousin that do paint and body work they are going to do a nice paint job on when I get it done. Looks like its going to be awhile cause I aint put the 5.3 in it yet.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are going to go this route. then the gallons of Rust oleum industrial paint, which you can get from home depot would be the way to go. there also is paint conditioner, flowtrol for latex & flowtron for oil based.They work by slowing down initial dry time & helping the product go on smoother. While I personally never rolled paint on a vehicle, many of us HAVE USED products like evercoat slicksand or eq, which spray on so rough with a 2.2 spray tip that you almost may as well have rolled it on. It sands out nicely -eventually.

While a rollon paint job is not the recommended or traditional method, it is possible to make one look good. Very good colorsanding & buffing skills are needed to make up for this. The outcome of industrial paint & it's upkeep will be similar to older enamel paint jobs, which many members here never fooled with because there were better products on the market by the time the were old enough to do paintwork. The paint from homestores is not much over $40 a gal & you can get your solvents there also.
If you feel this is the Best option for YOU, I,m confident it can be done right if you have the skills to pull it off. You will need to invest in a rotary buffer, pads, quality sandpaper, & compounds if you don't have. You can pm me if you have any other questions .
Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by green manalishi
use a mop...

...it wont leave brush strokes.
Roflmao, reminds of a commercial "get a wagner"
Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i used valspar tractor paint on a jeep. glosss white. if you take your time, and use a high density foam roller, it comes out great. super glossy, and you could throw rocks at that ****.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 PM

I needed a good laugh today...thanks guys

Quick Reply: Roll on paint jobs? Anyone got them on here if so I need help here.