Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Sail Roof Panels, doing one last run in the states...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sail Roof Panels, doing one last run in the states...

Ok, so we've been flooded with sail panel e-mails and feel bad but we are NOT doing business over seas anymore.

We also HAVE to do something because the last batch over sold because we forgot about our ebay auctions so wee needed 4 more panels for customers.

That being said, we cut a roof off and took it down to RK Sport to private label a last run for you guys. It is a little more expensive than the China product but I promise in the long run it actually isn't because it won't require the body work the China ones did (it was just basic blocking and sanding but that takes time and time is money).

This will be BETTER than OEM fitment and, unlike the China ones which have us teetering on closing our doors, no headaches of back orders (some of our others took 10 MONTHS AND COUNTING to get) and headaches of flaws (some showed up with air bubbles in the fiberglass that didn't show until AFTER it was painted, we of course reimbursed the customers for the panel AND the body work but our private labeler didn't reimburse us, one more reason we we're looking at having to shut down, we weren't making money, we were actually putting in personal money).

We're going to sell 10 Fiberglass pieces at $600 each (+ shipping $135 in the states) which is only $100 more than they were before and again, the ones before usually required a good $200 in body work, block sanding mostly, to be perfect)...

We're also going to sell 10 Carbon Fiber pieces HOWEVER, here's where the price gets really steep... Being as they are made in the states apparently the CF is WAY higher quality, it is laid by hand, the resin use in MARINE GRADE (so no worries of yellowing, etc...) and they are hand buffed to a perfectly smooth surface, that being said their price is a LOT higher...

The price is tentative at $1000, they said they may cost more. We'll honor that price though for the first ten even if ours changes. Again that is + shipping in the states $135. Again, anyone who buys in the first ten we honor the price, not going to charge you more later if we find out it costs more.

ALSO, WE ARE DOING THIS BECAUSE WE WERE STILL WAITING ON CF FROM OVER SEAS. Long story short, anyone who bought at the previous price and is still waiting is getting one of these without any extra charge.

So, the bad news is the price is higher, the good news is the quality is BETTER than OEM, it's all made in the states and the LATEST you should get a panel is a month from when you pay (most likely you will get it in under two weeks unless CF which does take about a month due to work involved).

Also, if any of you are old enough to remember lol, the CARBON FIBER sail panel is still priced LESS than what GM used to charge for the OEM one. So trust me, we're not jacking prices up.

Mold is being finished this week so first to pay are first to ship (there's already 4 orders ahead of anyone who buys today) and secure the price. Hopefully this helps you guys out keeping our beloved cars on the road and awesome!

For fiberglass go here:

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=241

For carbon fiber go here:

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=243

Mark DeLisle
www.6LEDesigns.com
Old 11-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Banned

3 spots left...
Old 11-13-2013, 05:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we cut shipping down if we pick it up from a local freight company? I did this my rear end to save a lot on shipping
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikh338
Can we cut shipping down if we pick it up from a local freight company? I did this my rear end to save a lot on shipping
They actually come freight but don't have an option for pick up Two fit in one box though so talk a friend into one and save lol!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

My 6LE panel showed up haven't installed it yet as I'm painting the car the initial test fit setting into place it looks really really good. It fits perfect to the T-tops the clearance from the rear window weather strip to the sail roof has a slight taper from the drivers side to the passenger side giving it the appearance of not being installed square but it lines up with the t-tops perfect. It fits perfect at T-tops and to the top of the quarter panels. So, very impressed with the part should have car painted and new roof glued down within a month.

Getting this panel was fast also took lest than 3 weeks from order till sitting on top of my car.

Last edited by 01WS6/tamu; 11-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Any update yet? I am getting ready to tackle this nightmare.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Banned

They can be purchased right now on the site and are still discounted from Cyber Monday haven't had time to change it so if you ordered soon good for you our loss lol.

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 12-04-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CF one that recently arrived for me was shipped from Extreme Dimensions in Fullerton, CA. Is that one of the newer stateside panels or a re-shipped overseas job?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Banned

Extreme. Quality is fine but, as I'm sure you will attest to, the WAIT to actually get the part is RIDICULOUS.

Enjoy it though as we aren't making them anymore Didn't sell enough to redo the molds through RK...
Old 12-06-2013, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

How many more of the CF panels remaining?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Extreme. Quality is fine but, as I'm sure you will attest to, the WAIT to actually get the part is RIDICULOUS.

Enjoy it though as we aren't making them anymore Didn't sell enough to redo the molds through RK...
I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get enough of the orders in to make it worthwhile. It's a beautiful looking piece and I look forward to getting it on the car. It was right at 4 and a half months for it to get here.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by high impact
How many more of the CF panels remaining?
All of them, making through RK Sport now
Old 07-15-2014, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
All of them, making through RK Sport now
Are you still doing these sail panels?
Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by idle
Are you still doing these sail panels?
Yessir, just order on our page www.6LEDesigns.com

Quick Reply: Sail Roof Panels, doing one last run in the states...