Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Where to buy replacement painted body side molding

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy replacement painted body side molding

Looking to replace the body side molding on my 2000 Z28. It's a little dinged up (doing its job, thankfully it's there!). Haven't been able to find anywhere that sells replacements, let alone pre-painted ones (Monterey Maroon Metallic). Anyone know of a site I can order these?

Thanks!

P.S. - I know I could just remove them entirely - but I like having the protection there.

Edit: I found it on GMs parts site, however it's unpainted and probably the more expensive option, so if anyone has suggestions it'd be appreciated!

Last edited by Camarochriss; 07-27-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Classic Industries probably has them, but you will have to get them painted yourself.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

pre-painted is likely next to impossible to find for a NEW part, honestly TAKE THEM OFF, the doors and fenders CAN'T "ding" (only chip or scratch or break) so the side molding is only protecting that small piece of the rear quarter from getting "dinged".
Old 07-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Teching In

I know they don't serve much of a purpose other than to protect themselves, but they got damaged pulling into the garage - and I rather replace them than worry about having the same situation and have to repair an entire door. It's worth it to me for that slight chance that they protect the door.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Classic Industries probably has them, but you will have to get them painted yourself.
Appreciate it! Didn't see them on their site, but reached out to customer service to see if there was anything I was missing.

Quick Reply: Where to buy replacement painted body side molding