Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Looking for info on painting WA933L (Lemans Blue)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for info on painting WA933L (Lemans Blue)

Ok guys,
Here's the deal. I am several months away from painting my project (need to finish motor/tranny swap first), but, I am ready to start the research phase of my paint job.

The wife likes the 2007 Corvette Lemans Blue, paint code WA933L (I'm color-blind, so she gets final say!). It has been a few years since I have done a complete break-down, full color change paint job, so I have a few questions for y'all.

Does this color require a particular color base underneath it? Will the standard grey work? White? Silver?

I know it has metallic in it and I need to spray it with all panels attached to the car. But, does it have pearl in it also?

What tip does this paint spray better with? I know metallics generally need a bigger tip than straight solids...

Any tips on getting the best job out of this particular color. I've sprayed several cars back in the day, so, I know the basics of clean car and shop, good water separator, adequate CFM for the gun, proper gun handling techniques, careful cut and buff, etc. What I need is anything you may have learned about this color that would help out.

Thanks in advance for your help guys! Paint has gotten way too expensive to go into this blindly and ruin the paint job because of one little goof!

Sid

Quick Reply: Looking for info on painting WA933L (Lemans Blue)