Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

interested in updating '13 front end and rear taillights anyone gone there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default interested in updating '13 front end and rear taillights anyone gone there?

new to gen 5's but I've had over a dozen f-bodys from 69-00 now I just bought a wrecked '13 and I never liked the taillights and the front end is bad has anyone updated to newer taillights or front ends? I figured all 5th gen would somehow be possible so I'm asking up whose changed front or back ends I really like the '14 all the way up to gen 6's. I am currently looking for a parts car so if I find a '15 and the front end is bolt on then all the better. Before anyone complains about fixing a wrecked car the '13 is a ZL1 it was totaled by the ins co . I would like to use the hood again so I need to know if that would fit the later nose
I appreciate any input guys!
Old 04-28-2017, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check on Camaro 5.com forums for more info. People swap to the 5th gen zl1 fronts all the time & the front end look of the zl1's is still in .several places stock the different needed zl1 conversion parts. Rogers Chevrolet on the camaro 5 & 6 forums is very fair for new parts & quotes include shipping. Maureen is the parts person. There are some differences between fitment of zl1 & standard hoods at the fascia area I believe.

I just updated my2010 Camaro nose conversion on my 83 el camino to a 2016 last year. Pics in photobucket link. definitely different from the 5th gens & only a job for someone with serious fabrication skills.
Someone on Camaro 5 may know more about 14 to 15' tail swaps. Personally I hated all the gen 5 lights & think a fab job to fit the 16' up lights would be cool. You can even get factory tinted versions now. I'm swapping a z-06 rear to my el camino, so never say never.

Last edited by jlcustomz; 04-28-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW that's crazy! never been much of a custom guy but WOW! I've posted on Camaro5 and not much response seems like not much talk about modded Gen5 cars out there yet
Old 05-02-2017, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd try searching further back on the Camaro 5 forums, most common stuff has been discussed at some point in time. But custom work like I do isn't in everybody's skillset.
Was trying to find it in a search, but someone did new vette stingray tail lights & outer rear grilles on either a 5th or 6th gen widebody Camaro. Think it was this dually wheel car in the middle east.

Truth be known, most people on Camaro 5 that regularly comment seem better at insulting custom work that others do rather than doing something themselves that isn't bolt or stick on. But maybe that's just my personal experience from the site.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

seems like most custom mods most 5th gener's do is hoods and spoilers and maybe adding a ZL1 bumper and the more I've thought about it im going to head back stock

Quick Reply: interested in updating '13 front end and rear taillights anyone gone there?