Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Spoiler Tip Cracks, 2000 T/A ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020 | 08:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KissMyTushZ28
You can search and find multiple posts about it. But yeah it's a known issue. These are unibody cars, they don't have a frame. So they flex quite a bit. The subframe connectors do eliminate this if installed properly. Weld ins are the only ones worth the money in my opinion. Bolt ins are just for looks or to have something to put a jack on other than the pinch weld. Again just my opinion. As I mentioned previously my WS.6 which had weld-in SFCs installed did not have any quarter panel ripples. But my Z28 which does not have SFCs does have ripples.
just a few questions. Can the bolt on ones be welded in? Or are the welded ones special in some ways? And are they welded on both ends? The lower control arm bolt area and the front flat section? And which SFC would be the best style in your opinion? They make many different types. Are the basic weld in ones as good as those fancy 3 point ones with the cross member and loop etc. Thanx.
Old 07-06-2020 | 09:22 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

I'd give UMI performance a call. They have pretty good stuff.
Old 07-06-2020 | 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barn Find CETA
just a few questions. Can the bolt on ones be welded in? Or are the welded ones special in some ways? And are they welded on both ends? The lower control arm bolt area and the front flat section? And which SFC would be the best style in your opinion? They make many different types. Are the basic weld in ones as good as those fancy 3 point ones with the cross member and loop etc. Thanx.
Geez man I'm no professional lol. But I just had UMIs 2 point basic box style(flat square design, non tubular) SFCs and they did a great job. I didn't AutoX my car, just drag racing. But there was a noticeable difference when jacking up the car(dog legging from being stiffer) and in the curves. I don't know if there's any difference between the bolt ins or weld ins, I just had the weld ins.
Old 07-13-2020 | 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Weld in is the way to go

Quick Reply: Spoiler Tip Cracks, 2000 T/A ?