Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Camaro door molding removal....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024 | 02:46 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

Default Camaro door molding removal....

Im growing a bit tired of my door trim. Just apprehensive of what I may find under when I pull them. Car has never been repainted! Im not too worried about getting them off or removing the adhesive/tape residue. Where it looks like the trim itself contacts the door near the top of the trim (just above the adhesive) is what worries me after being on the car since 1999. Any of you guys pull the molding recently? Is this something I may just have to attempt and see how it goes?
Old 09-07-2024 | 07:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
Im growing a bit tired of my door trim. Just apprehensive of what I may find under when I pull them. Car has never been repainted! Im not too worried about getting them off or removing the adhesive/tape residue. Where it looks like the trim itself contacts the door near the top of the trim (just above the adhesive) is what worries me after being on the car since 1999. Any of you guys pull the molding recently? Is this something I may just have to attempt and see how it goes?
I pulled mine off of my 02 about 4 months ago and they came off no issues. I kept them as I have kept everything that is original to the car. They are pretty sturdy. Underneath was 3m type tape and I just used adhesive remover and a microfiber towel to get mine off.

The following users liked this post:
99Silver6.0 (09-07-2024)
Old 09-07-2024 | 07:16 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Same, I pulled mine of my 02 last year, no issues. Goof off, a rag and plastic razor. Cant tell it was ever there.
The following users liked this post:
99Silver6.0 (09-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Camaro door molding removal....