Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

True Fire on Transam!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firebird
yeah seriously what the hell is wrong with that guy? i dont think there isnt anyone on here that wouldnt gladly pay 1200 for that.
And that would be a steal WITHOUT the flames... I mean think about it, the guy got every panel on his car re-painted except the rear bumper, hatch and the roof... AND HE GOT KICK *** TRUE FLAMES !!!

I hate how the BETTER someone is at something the LESS people expect to pay for the job...

Example: The dealer takes 9 hours to change an Opti-Spark and charges almost $600 in labor after tax (I had first hand experience)... Local Camaro board guy comes along (me after I learned to do it myself I helped others do it), can do it in 2 hours and only wants $200... then some jack *** only wants to pay him $120 because "the dealer only charges $60 an hour for labor" :angry:
Old 09-23-2006, 08:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Stryker only painted the flames, not the black basecoat.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 850 Likes on 651 Posts

IMO $1200 for that quality of work is a great deal.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Stryker only painted the flames, not the black basecoat.
I thought he cleared coated everything, that's what I was referring to...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off i didnt read anyones posts right now because i dont have time to. I'm glad some of you understand where i'm coming from. Your only hearing one side of the story and i'm not really going to get into all of the details. He got paid for what we agreed on. I am absolutely not paying for his girlfriend's free vacation here like he wants. Also i paid for him to be here 4 days when from the start he told me it would take 2 or maybe 1 day. I paid for his extra days/vacation days where he did whatever he wanted. How can you exspect em to pay for your gf to come for free after paying for you to stay extra days. He claims she came to help him but she sat in my office and watched tv while he painted. Its funny how now i owe him more too. I have numerous emails stating the total was 800 with his gf's cost.

With that said, the car came out ok in the end. My shop did all the prep work, base coats, and cleared the car in the end. He just did a few hrs of air brusing both days while his gf watched tv. If anyone wants more details pm me. In the end i wish i would have went with someone local who quoted me 1000 for the job with them supplying the materials. It would have been the same cost and a lot less headaches. I have over 800 in paint just for what he did.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I thought he cleared coated everything, that's what I was referring to...
He just did the airbrushing. I cleared everything. The car was stripped to a shell and fully color changed...it was red. It doesn't look anything like it did in the posted pictures now though.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 69vette
First off i didnt read anyones posts right now because i dont have time to. I'm glad some of you understand where i'm coming from. Your only hearing one side of the story and i'm not really going to get into all of the details. He got paid for what we agreed on. I am absolutely not paying for his girlfriend's free vacation here like he wants. Also i paid for him to be here 4 days when from the start he told me it would take 2 or maybe 1 day. I paid for his extra days/vacation days where he did whatever he wanted. How can you exspect em to pay for your gf to come for free after paying for you to stay extra days. He claims she came to help him but she sat in my office and watched tv while he painted. Its funny how now i owe him more too. I have numerous emails stating the total was 800 with his gf's cost.

With that said, the car came out ok in the end. My shop did all the prep work, base coats, and cleared the car in the end. He just did a few hrs of air brusing both days while his gf watched tv. If anyone wants more details pm me. In the end i wish i would have went with someone local who quoted me 1000 for the job with them supplying the materials. It would have been the same cost and a lot less headaches. I have over 800 in paint just for what he did.
Things just got interesting...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Banned

I'm a little confused though...

69Vette, you said the original agreement was for $800... Stryker14, is this true?

Stryker14, you said you've only received $500 so far... 69Vette, is this true?

Honestly, $800 sounds pretty fair for the job... Of course, any person sets their own price for what they feel their time/skill is worth... I'm just going off of what I have seen my friend Chris (aka: Whistler) do (the owner wanted the yellow)...

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 09-24-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Veteran

that is awesome paint skills..
Old 09-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

I think it was dumb to bring an argument like this to ls1tech on the first place. Seriously you folks cant work this out on your own, what are you two years old. Dont ruin this forum for everyone else by bringin this trash on here!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 AM
FormerVendor

I'm a little confused though...

69Vette, you said the original agreement was for $800... Stryker, is this true?

Stryker, you said you've only received $500 so far... 69Vette, is this true?

$860 was the total to be exact. That covered him and his girlfriend. I gave him 500 cash when he was here and i believe i sent him a check before he even came. I'll need to go back and check since it has been over a year ago. I also covered whatever other expenses while he was here. The only reason i ever agreed to it was because he stated he needed help doing the car, but when he arrived, everything changed and his gf was just more or less on vacation while he painted for about 10 hrs total
Old 09-24-2006, 01:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nvrenuf4me
I think it was dumb to bring an argument like this to ls1tech on the first place. Seriously you folks cant work this out on your own, what are you two years old. Dont ruin this forum for everyone else by bringin this trash on here!!!

Thats exactly why i stated i don't want to go through it all on here again. He can post up the pictures if he chooses to though.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Banned

$860 was the total to be exact. That covered him and his girlfriend. I gave him 500 cash when he was here and i believe i sent him a check before he even came. I'll need to go back and check since it has been over a year ago. I also covered whatever other expenses while he was here. The only reason i ever agreed to it was because he stated he needed help doing the car, but when he arrived, everything changed and his gf was just more or less on vacation while he painted for about 10 hrs total
Regardless of what the girlfriend did or didn't do or what her purpose was if you agreed to $860 then you agreed to $860... And that's not directed just to you, it's to both of you...

If that's what you agreed on and that's what you paid then Stryker14 should apologize for this thread and then delete it...

If that's what you agreed on and it turns out you did NOT pay him the full amount... well you know where I am going... make amends.

How this thread has stayed in the appearance section and has not got moved to a feedback forum or something I don't know BUT it is good for us members to see how this sponsor deals with this situation...
Old 09-24-2006, 01:39 AM
FormerVendor

Regardless of what the girlfriend did or didn't do or what her purpose was if you agreed to $860 then you agreed to $860... And that's not directed just to you, it's to both of you...

If that's what you agreed on and that's what you paid then Stryker14 should apologize for this thread and then delete it...

If that's what you agreed on and it turns out you did NOT pay him the full amount... well you know where I am going... make amends.

How this thread has stayed in the appearance section and has not got moved to a feedback forum or something I don't know BUT it is good for us members to see how this sponsor deals with this situation...

So are you saying that although we agreed on that price under the conditions that i was paying for two people to work, it doesn't matter? I contracted two people for that cost, not just him. I'm just looking for clarification.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Banned

So are you saying that although we agreed on that price under the conditions that i was paying for two people to work, it doesn't matter? I contracted two people for that cost, not just him. I'm just looking for clarification.
I'm saying you agreed (if this is the case) to paying him $860 to get the flames painted on your car... Be it by him, him and his girlfriend or Papa Smurf and the Easter Bunny...

Your car obviously has the flames on it... The payment is what is in question...

You don't pay a shop X number of dollars for X number of people to work on your car... You pay for the job to get done...
Old 09-24-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is not a forum for disputes, this is Appearance & Detailing. stryker14 and 69vette, you obviously have some things to work out...please take it to PM.

Everyone else, let's discuss the paint or this one's going into lock-down.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Well, what I would say is you're both stupid, especially Stryker for not agreeing on a SET price regardless of other circumstances. A contract should have been drawn up for the amount agreed upon for the job. Screw this getting paid for how many days/hours/number of people who work bullshit. If either one of you had 1/2 a business sense you would have agreed on a TOTAL cost for the end result. Stryker, if you wanted to be paid $1200.00 for this job, why wasn't that agreed upon upfront? 69Vette, if you thought the job was an $800 job, why wasn't that negotiated? This is the most retarded thread and has no place on LS1Tech. You guys need to work this out on your own and stop looking for sympathy or whatever the hell the purpose of posting this was. Strkyer, your work is amazing and very inspirational, but spend some time honing your business skills to go along with that painting skill.

Some of these threads get way to personal and this is not the place. I'm here to learn about Appearance mods, not read someone's dirty laundry.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 09-24-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

This thread isnt supposed to turn into an arguement. I said my peace for those who were interested in the transaction and how it went down. I am not forcing anybody to read or even post on the topic and pictures. If I need to post under the member feedback instead then thats what I will do. I figured since I was going to post the pictures I would at least give the run down on the paint job whether someone wanted to read it or not. Same as if someone posted in forced induction about their turbo kit and gave the horror stories trying to get it.
For now just enjoy the pictures and take them for just that, no need to get involved in my background of the work if you dont want to.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

You opened yourself up to comments and people getting involved in the background by posting the background. If you only wanted enjoyment of the artwork, then why even post all this background??? You've been on this board long enough to know that and see what these type of threads can turn into. Your example of the turbo situation proves my point. Again, I LOVE your stuff and it's an inspiration for me to do better on my fuel rail covers, but C'Mon, why else would you post this unless to get some backing for your side of the story. Moral: Get it in writing so you have an enforcable contract or work order. Moral: If you don't want people's opinions and comments, don't open yourself up to them.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 09-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned

I dont see why everyone is giving stryker a hard time here.

He posted up pictures and a story. If you dont like the story.. why read it?

And if you are so disinterested in the comments or whatnot.. why read 3 pages of it and continue to respond?

Quick Reply: True Fire on Transam!!