Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I was in a wreck last night :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 02:15 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I recognized your screen name man...

1st off,glad you are OK bro...could have been worse!

My name is Milt and I remember you from way back (possibly over on LS1.com) because you had snapped some pics that you posted of a 30th anniversary TA vert that was for sale over in Houston.You posted the pics on 30th-ta.org.I had later bought that car about a day or so later.#552.Sold the car since then and as you can tell from the sig I'm now in an SS

I remember you posting up how you bought your TA man...Now this.SUX!!!!!!!!!! To say the least...

My brother's TA was hit in the rear pass corner much worse than what I see in your pics.It was repaired and you really would never know the difference now.No leaks,driveability problems...etc..

I do understand though what you mean when you say that it still won't be the same.EVEN on a mental level it changes the whole vibe of the car knowing that it had been wreck before...But if that is an issue to you then hopefully insurance will get her looking good and you can sell her off and get another one...unfortunately it won't be 'NEW" like when you bought this one but,you can definately find something else that is just as nice.

Again,sorry to hear about this man...Good luck and hope it works out for you.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i poured whiskey in my eyes by the third pic, thank god im blinded enough not o see the rest. Sorry for your pain man!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MJK
I thought I recognized your screen name man...

1st off,glad you are OK bro...could have been worse!

My name is Milt and I remember you from way back (possibly over on LS1.com) because you had snapped some pics that you posted of a 30th anniversary TA vert that was for sale over in Houston.You posted the pics on 30th-ta.org.I had later bought that car about a day or so later.#552.Sold the car since then and as you can tell from the sig I'm now in an SS

I remember you posting up how you bought your TA man...Now this.SUX!!!!!!!!!! To say the least...
yeah man, that's me! Dang, is 30th-ta.org even around anymore? small world!

Sorry guys, I havn't been on the board in a while, I didn't know there was a site sponser for collision repair. The other problem with going there is that the car is in Huntsville, not Spring, because I was up at school (SHSU) for the week, and I think we would have to pay the towing fee to have it moved, maybe not?? The insurance adjuster comes out this morning to look at the car. Guess I'll see how it goes
-Chris
Old 11-15-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

thats rough but at least ur not too banged up. good luck with the car and keep us posted
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

I'd rebuild, I love those cars. Black M6 WS6 is my favorite.
Sad to hear, glad your allright.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car is in a GM (almost every make) dealership in huntsville. It's a pretty small college town but everyone there has been super nice, nothing like in Spring where everyone wants to lie and sell you a car as fast as possible. And the body shop has a year warranty on everything so I think I will leave it here. They will replace any broken aftermarket part also so that's good. My insurance company came out to look at it this morning and quoted the damage at $8000, but the shop can't touch it yet bc the other guy's insurance is paying for it, and they don't come out til tomorrow to do an estimate.
My car was up on a lift when i got there today, and looking underneath it, it's not that bad. The y-pipe has a dent in it, but the headers are only scratched on the bottom. The engine brace is all smashed upwards though which is the worst part other than the obvious, so no telling what that will mean. I noticed the left wheel is broken open on the inside. Also, they said the hood won't open
I need to look up how much my car is worth, $8000 in repairs must be coming close to being considered totaled. It's an 02 with 70,000 miles.
The other guys insurance(state farm) is being really cool about it. They said they will replace anything that's messed up, any of the aftermarket stuff. And they will keep having it worked on until i'm fully satisfied with the car. Also, since my tranny has been built up by Century (Mike Kurtz), I can take it over there afterwards to have it checked out, and they will fix that if there is a problem. So far everythings goin pretty good
Old 11-15-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

srry about that man , maybe u can get it fixed
Old 11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
My insurance company came out to look at it this morning and quoted the damage at $8000, but the shop can't touch it yet bc the other guy's insurance is paying for it, and they don't come out til tomorrow to do an estimate. I need to look up how much my car is worth, $8000 in repairs must be coming close to being considered totaled. It's an 02 with 70,000 miles.
normally with insurance adjusters if the repair exceeds 40-50% of the vehicles worth they will total then and there . . . . KBB says your car is worth $19,705, in exellant condition on suggested retail value and in private party value from poor to excellant it's $14,855-$17,390 so you might have a pretty good chance. but i know what you mean it'll neevr be the same, after my minor accident my girl just doens't feel like she used to before. good luck
Old 11-15-2006, 10:30 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to come up with any and all receipts you can get a hold of concerning mods to your car.I say this because I have heard of insurance companies trying to only pay for OE items...for instance they won't want to pay for your Y-pipe and instead want to install a stocker along with stock manifolds....just a possible heads up.

Good luck again man....
Old 11-15-2006, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

I bet its totalled.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

His insurance company said they would make it right. They said they would replace any broken aftermarket parts with aftermarket parts, not OE. This is something I was worried about to but that's what they told me. We will see. The dealership is literally right across the street from my condo here at school so I'm sure I will be there quite often!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 AM
12 Second Club

damn, not kool
Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

ugh, state farm came out this morning to look at it but they want to have the car torn down some more, and look at it again. This doesn't sound good
-chris
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Insurance companies hate to pay for repairs. Had a wreck with about the same damage (maybe a little more), and it was more expensive to repair than to replace. You may have to talk to them, or even buy the car back.

At least you are OK man, you can replace the car if neccesary, just think what if you were a biker?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

so sorry to hear that man, i hope you get treated fairly by the insurance company and get your baby fixed.

Also where did you get your front plate cover? I want one just like that, or was it specialy made?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

i was in a wreck on the 10th.
i was driving be hind a guy we where doing 65-70 in a 55 speeding but not flying. you all know the roads with lower speed limits but you can drive faster with out a problem

well where going and bam he gets over outta no where. a biker with his hazzards on was putting down the road. i guess their was a car in front of the guy i was behing and they got over for us to pass, any ways te guy in front of me cuts hard and it leaves me i swerved but lost it.....aprox 4k in damage to the front pass side
Old 11-16-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

*sob* a angel loses it's wings and a mustang gains 1 more hp
Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mpsoldier
so sorry to hear that man, i hope you get treated fairly by the insurance company and get your baby fixed.

Also where did you get your front plate cover? I want one just like that, or was it specialy made?
I bought from a guy on the message board who was making them back in 2001. If I'm not mistaken, he sold the molds to Afterthoughts Auto (a board sponser) so check their website.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I found the link for ya:
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/ponfirclearl.html
Old 11-16-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

any knew news???

Quick Reply: I was in a wreck last night :(