Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I was in a wreck last night :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007 | 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I'm goin for diminished value which should get me a nice check since there were a little over 5 hours of frame repair on the estimate. Also, I'm talking to the rep tomorrow that has all the power and if she doesn't total it after i tell her my concerns, then i'll ask for diminished value. If she doesn't wanna work in good faith, then i will hire the manager from UTI (universal technical institute) to do an appraisal & i will send them that with a demand for diminished value. If that doesn't work, I will call the Texas state department of insurance to report this since i already talked to them and they said I am entitled to diminished value. If that doesn't work, then I will hire a lawyer.
My parents said they will help me to get a new car, which I don't want them to do but they really seem to wanna help however possible. Plus, I found the exact same car as mine (black 2002 ws6) for sale for a really good deal but it's a 6-speed. I've had a fully built auto with a 4400rpm stall for several years. I'm ready for a 6-speed!!
I'm not going to let myself get screwed, no matter what
Old 02-25-2007 | 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Jimmy, I don't know if you settled on an cheque or not for totalling it off.. but maybe now's the time to show your insurance agent that 2002 WS6's in mint shape here in Canada are anywhere from 25,000 Canadian and up in the autotrader with anywhere from 50,000km upto 75,000km on the clock. (I'm not to sure how many miles you had on yours)

If they try and cut you some flimsy 14 grand cheque, whip out some Barret Jackson listings and say this could have been my car! Who are they to say that sailing through the air and slamming into a few wooden posts then flopping and skidding on the grass didn't turn your mint ride into such a mess? All they know is the number of miles and the options on it.. right?

Go find some MINT replacements and say I want that one.. then look at the agent and ask them again how much you're cheque will be...

I don't know.. maybe you can't play hardball like that with your adjuster in the states... but I'd sure as hell do it here in Alberta.

If that isn't an option, just remember how much your neck hurts. Oh any your passenger's elbow. REMEMBER???
Go for a nice lawsuit and suit for injuries, then go for the difference on a beautiful replacement F Body.
ANd some pocket money on top of that never hurts
Old 03-07-2007 | 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well....after 3 & a half months of bitching and complaining the whole way, everything finally got fixed right. (i still need to adjust the hood a little though) I picked up the car yesterday, drove home, put on my new wheels (christmas gift!), got rained on and then took some pics. So the car is filthy but it doesn't show as much in the pics except for on the tire sidewalls.
It feels really good drivin a big v8 again instead of a puny HHR! I've been drivin as much as possible. She drives straight and feels just like before, only more rattles. I ordered UMI subframe connectors so hopefully that will help.
Also, I was already asked if I had a 12 bolt cuz of the big lips on the new wheels and the ARP studs I have. I cut the tops off the lug nuts that the wheels came with so i could still use them. I'm so glad everything is FINALLY over! I just have to put on the driver's side Last of the Breed badge. Mine was torn to shreds in the wreck but his insurance paid for me to buy a whole new kit!

TIME TO DRIVE!

-Chris

Last edited by jimmypop13; 03-07-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-11-2007 | 04:29 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Uhhh....They missed a spot man.

J/K.....Looks GREAT!I'm glad you seem to be satisfied and that this ordeal is pretty much over.

PS....Nice wheels!Great gift!!!
Old 03-11-2007 | 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks really good!Glad to see an end to your saga and "...everyone lived happily ever after...the end"LOL
Old 03-11-2007 | 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not completely over yet! my hood sticks up a little on the drivers side near the door and the bumper doesn't line up perfectly to the hood. I tried to adjust the hood but it won't go any lower!!!! I may just pay out of pocket to have it fixed at Richey collision
Old 03-14-2007 | 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

man that sux! but atleast you have insurance
Old 03-14-2007 | 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

...and the plot thickens!!! so we filed for deminished value and State Farm sent out an estimator today to look at my car. I pointed out everything wrong with it along with my newly recent discovery that the roof is buckled! (Thats why the t-tops were all messed up!) He said he thought the car was definitely fixed half assed and that alot more work should have gone into it. I'm so glad for once that SOMEONE sees the problems I see!!! So he said he'd get all the info to the claim rep right away and I'll either get a fat check, or they will pay to have it fixed where I WANT (Richey Collision!!) or BOTH. That'd be sweet! FINALLY!!!
Old 04-15-2007 | 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

IT'S OVER! I can't thank Richey Collision enough for all they have done for me. They took my car apart, wrote out an estimate to make the car is right as it could be, called State Farm to come out, had Weisner(the dealership that ruined me car) come out and told everyone it'd be better to buy me a new car. When Richey took off the front fenders and bumper, they found almost nothing had been done underneath in the 4 months my car had been at Weisner. The foam under the bumper wasn't even replaced!!!
Weisner called me on Friday and said they will pay me $19,500 for the car and negotiate how much to give me for all my modifications. I was thinking about sueing for breach of contract and possibly deceptive trade practice but now I'm just gonna take the money and run! I just want to thank Chris and Karen at Richey Collision for everything!
Old 04-15-2007 | 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
IT'S OVER! I can't thank Richey Collision enough for all they have done for me. They took my car apart, wrote out an estimate to make the car is right as it could be, called State Farm to come out, had Weisner(the dealership that ruined me car) come out and told everyone it'd be better to buy me a new car. When Richey took off the front fenders and bumper, they found almost nothing had been done underneath in the 4 months my car had been at Weisner. The foam under the bumper wasn't even replaced!!!
Weisner called me on Friday and said they will pay me $19,500 for the car and negotiate how much to give me for all my modifications. I was thinking about sueing for breach of contract and possibly deceptive trade practice but now I'm just gonna take the money and run! I just want to thank Chris and Karen at Richey Collision for everything!

Wow i bet you are a lot happier now? What is next plan?
Old 04-16-2007 | 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I found a cheap 02 NBM Z28 M6 all options and 55k miles. I'm supposed to pick it up at the end of the week if all goes well. It has NOTHING done to it so the plans are:

whistler mod
clear corners
black dick harrell style grille
window tint
sunoco hood
ss spoiler
TTM wheels off of my car
stereo out of my car
slightly larger cam than my old TR230 spec'd by Patrick G
pro 5.0 with lss
textralia oz700 clutch
1 3/4" headers into lanes x-pipe that i already have
4.10s
Maybes:
TSP heads
t56rebuilds stage 1 or 2

I should be able to afford all of it with the money I get from my car. The heads and the tranny rebuild, i'm not sure about yet. It depends how much more money I can get out of them since we are still negotiating how much they are going to pay for all the mods I did to my car.
I'm definitely happy about this!
-Chris
Old 04-16-2007 | 01:31 AM
TECH Regular

2:30 am, and i just read through this whole thing.

it sucks to hear that you had to go through so much just to get what you actually deserved. your car is sick, so it would have been nice if it was fixed right, and you got to keep it. at least now youre going chevy, the right way to go! haha. good luck with it!
Old 04-16-2007 | 02:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
I found a cheap 02 NBM Z28 M6 all options and 55k miles. I'm supposed to pick it up at the end of the week if all goes well.
Get another T/A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy and fall in love with the Z28 but if it was me I know I'd wind up missing my T/A and I'd likely never get over it.
Old 04-16-2007 | 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are great. You kept me goin when I didn't have a clue what was gonna happen next.
I want another WS6 but there just aren't any for sale around houston! I had found a collectors edition and was going to buy it last saturday but the owner backed out at the last minute. When I do occasionally see another WS6 for sale, they are either white, pewter, or in horrible condition I think I'll be happy with the z, i'm planning on trading it in for an '09 in a few years anyway!
Old 04-17-2007 | 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

wow....just got through reading this whole thread

it sucks that you had to go through months of **** just because some careless bastard couldn't take a whole 2 seconds to look before changing lanes, and endangering yours & your passener's lives

glad everything seems to be working out for you in the end though

what i would do is do a bit of looking around and find some places that sell the mods you had on your car, and find the place (or places) that have them for the highest prices, then work from those prices with the shop who's buying the car....print out the pages and show them how much they will cost to buy again....get the most you can out of those mods. and throw it in that you want a little extra for the cost in time that it will take you to reinstall those parts again....after all, time is money, and they would damn sure charge you for however long it would take to install those parts if you had them do it for you....right?

and you'd better post up pics of the new car when you get it

a bit of advice on that.....take a ton of the highest-resolution pics that you can take as soon as you get it.....that way, if anything happens again, you have really good pics that you can show the body shop, and tell them it better come out looking exactly like it did.

after hearing what Richey Collision did you help you out, if i ever get into a wreck (hope i never do, though....), i just may end up having to have my car taken from College Station to down there to have the work done....sounds like they were really good to work with....they're going on my bookmarks list right now...

/edit: is Richey Collision no longer a sponsor? i didn't see them in the list of sponsors, but found their site on google

Last edited by 02Z28LS1; 04-17-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2007 | 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
what i would do is do a bit of looking around and find some places that sell the mods you had on your car, and find the place (or places) that have them for the highest prices, then work from those prices with the shop who's buying the car....print out the pages and show them how much they will cost to buy again....get the most you can out of those mods. and throw it in that you want a little extra for the cost in time that it will take you to reinstall those parts again....after all, time is money, and they would damn sure charge you for however long it would take to install those parts if you had them do it for you....right?
This is exactly what I've done. I made up a list of all the mods and their cost to buy them again along with install prices. Behind the list, I attached all the receipts I had and if I didn't have receipts, I printed out the page online of how much it costs to order it. Also, I am asking for payment on 4 days off work for my parents, who drove up from an hour away because 4 different times the dealership said the car was done and then we had to show them still what all was wrong with it. I am also going to ask for $30 a day for all the days my car has been at Richey and I have been carless. I will also ask for mental anguish and distress because this has been 5 months of hell on me. I am making up the list right now to fax over to them and let them look it over before I call to negotiate. What I want to have happen is I will ask for $40k. I'm not sure what I will agree on yet but I will probalby threaten legal action again and actually follow through with it if they can't make me happy. I really think I have them under deceptive trade practice and breach of contract. My lawyer says I have to prove they intentionally did a bad job and i think i can do that because I have tons of phone calls to state farm saying this place is doing a horrible job, proof of the horrible job from richey collision, the main guy working on the car left halfway through and did most of the horrible work, numerous lists of things wrong with the car that I gave the dealership because I wasn't happy, and several State Farm representatives who came out to look at the car and said how horrible it was.

and you'd better post up pics of the new car when you get it

a bit of advice on that.....take a ton of the highest-resolution pics that you can take as soon as you get it.....that way, if anything happens again, you have really good pics that you can show the body shop, and tell them it better come out looking exactly like it did.
I'm definitely going to do that this time. I had hundreds of pictures of my old car but they all were erased off my computer on accident and i never replaced them. Oh that pissed me off so bad for not retaking pictures.

after hearing what Richey Collision did you help you out, if i ever get into a wreck (hope i never do, though....), i just may end up having to have my car taken from College Station to down there to have the work done....sounds like they were really good to work with....they're going on my bookmarks list right now...

/edit: is Richey Collision no longer a sponsor? i didn't see them in the list of sponsors, but found their site on google
they are awesome, I'm going to have them paint my new hood and spoiler when i get this camaro. I would def bring your car to Richey if anything ever happened to it, God forbid. I guess they aren't a sponsor anymore, I couldn't find them either, but they rock.
Old 04-17-2007 | 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

i think im gonna be in the same boat as you where in
after 2 months i got my car back from the body shop i took it to, and my damage was no where near yours. now that i have it back i see lots of things that are bothering me. fish eyes, scraches. over spray, stuf does not line up the way it should.

my car is in my sig. i payed 10K 2 years ago and it had 74k on it now its got 95K and the mods in my sig. the damage was a lil over 5 grand and their are still things that should be replaced (rim, antenna,) they sanded my door to get repainted and i rember a scrach near the handel and its still their! but now its darker

my sail pannel has a bunch of scraches and was never taken care of, right below the sail pannel has a big black scuff thats still their.

geico said i could do one of two things when i got the claim adjuster to look at it in the 1st place. take it to a shop "they have a list" and have them take it apart and fix it all or i could get a check and take it to my own shop. well i took it to a local shop so how should i handel this?

LINK TO PICS
http://www.checkyourvehicle.com/cgi-...1370&language=
Old 04-19-2007 | 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you take it to your own shop or to one on their list? The one I went to was on State Farm's list but they argue it now. What I did was take it to Richey Collision and they wrote up an estimate for how much more it would cost to fix right and they documented everything wrong with the car and they told State Farm even if they fixed it, they didn't think it would be safe on the road with the frame damage. State Farm sent out a few guys to look at it and then bitched at the dealership and the dealership chose to buy my car to make this go away. They also just fired the manager at the bodyshop there too & he had tenure! haha

If the dealership was on the list, take it somehwere else and have the other place send their estimate to your insurance telling them the car wasn't fixed right.

If you took the money and went to your own place, I would still try the above and if insurance says no, you could threaten legal action towards the dealership for not fixing the car right.
Old 04-19-2007 | 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

well im droping my car at the body shop that did the work, this monday. and i have a list of things for them to go over
Old 04-19-2007 | 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

good idea, try to get them to fix it first. I made three different lists before I had enough

Quick Reply: I was in a wreck last night :(