Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How Front Frame Rail Look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
for what its worth ur well over 10 k imo. this is what 10500 looks like before they even take it apart and find what else is wrong with it.
are serious?

that straight up cost you 10k

someone made out with that
Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your gona fix it up fine but dont payt somebody to do it. Id suggest putting in a 10pt cage and tieing in a tubular front off that. Will it be time consuming and a pain in the ***, yes. Will it be way cheaper in the end, hell yea. The guys are right it will never be truly right again so cut it up and build a drag car. You dont neet airbags anyway.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redramair98
i have seen way worse repaired before and cars came out fine, just need someone that knows what there doin

Exactly
Old 02-11-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
for what its worth ur well over 10 k imo. this is what 10500 looks like before they even take it apart and find what else is wrong with it.
wow... they got you or your insurance for about triple what it shoulda been...

and I'm not just pullin that outta my ***... I used to buy wrecks from Copart and have em repaired professionally.

~Brian
Old 02-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but my car ran through a gaurd rail last saturday and basically took out the drivers side head light area, what do I need to watch for and check? I plan to pull it in the garage and strip all the broken crap off tommorow. Only thing structural I see that's bent is the beam that runs across behind the bumper cover where the foam attaches is tweaked some.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

THIS IS $4,000 WORTH

Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Launching!

I hope I can get this thing back together, nothing structural seems tooooo messed up, just alot of body work and ldriver side lights, i'm gonna need to find a junkyard with a parts car for sure, hopefully black... and i'm not even worried about the hood right now, just wanna get it together enough to hit the road again.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Its a sad day
Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bad6as
THIS IS $4,000 WORTH

granted i don't know what under the hood looks like on this one...but...

you got *** raped if that was $4k...unless there was frame damage...

bumper=$500 MAX on ebay
fender=$150
fixing the hood=$500 MAX I would think...

painting everything and matching it right...i fixed this...

for a little over $1800. paint was only $350 since I knew a guy, parts direct from GM Dealership(entire front clip, 2 fenders, bumper, absorber, full headlight assembly since it was cracked in half basically, underside pieces)and I did all my labor...

btw RrCoX22 I PMed you...
Old 02-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Launching!

It can be pulled, I've had ones close to that and were fine. There are so many points to measure off they can get it straight. I paid around 500-600 to get my one like that done.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jesus yall can be pussies over a wreck sometimes. those fixes yall put up ESPECIALLY the bumper one is a mega easy fix!!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tainted
jesus yall can be pussies over a wreck sometimes. those fixes yall put up ESPECIALLY the bumper one is a mega easy fix!!

If your refering to my bumper fix, I really hope your right! lol
Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

you guys think im over $5k to fix?

obviously the rails have to be bent back or cut, both side fender frames need to be bent straight, then welding of side panels, bumber bracket and front crossbrace
Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
you guys think im over $5k to fix?

obviously the rails have to be bent back or cut, both side fender frames need to be bent straight, then welding of side panels, bumber bracket and front crossbrace
5k easy bud, shes done for, part out what you can and find something easier to fix
Old 02-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Well, i've tore the front end down and as I feared, the driver side frame rail is tweaked, it's not bent out of alignment, but the impact bar mounting bracket is mangled and the whole end assembly is pushed back in about 2 inchs, think of a mountain dew can being crushed end to end, like that. Would it be possible for the end to be cut off and a new end welded on?

Other than that, now that I have most of the crap off nothing else seems to outta wack, minor stuff like the washer fluid tank and hood release bracket are damaged but they are removed and in the parts pile. All it really seems is the rail end is jacked. The flanges on the end are so bent up I don't really know how to get the last bolt out for the impact bar!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ice Knight
Well, i've tore the front end down and as I feared, the driver side frame rail is tweaked, it's not bent out of alignment, but the impact bar mounting bracket is mangled and the whole end assembly is pushed back in about 2 inchs, think of a mountain dew can being crushed end to end, like that. Would it be possible for the end to be cut off and a new end welded on?

Other than that, now that I have most of the crap off nothing else seems to outta wack, minor stuff like the washer fluid tank and hood release bracket are damaged but they are removed and in the parts pile. All it really seems is the rail end is jacked. The flanges on the end are so bent up I don't really know how to get the last bolt out for the impact bar!
go look at my cardomain for my trans am. for me (and im only 17) its childs play. ANYTHING can be fixed with enough time and money and will be just as good as the day it was made if the person fixing it has the skill and knowledge.

2 inches is nothing my trans am front came over almost 9 inches and it goes down the road str8 as any other car, doesnt wobble or pull either way and drives and rides awesome.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

its also has the rs apperance package.
side skirt was 600+ and the front lips about 380 each
Old 02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Ya, well i'll have money soon but it's already spent on an attorney and beater car, so it's gonna be a slow rebuild on the bird.

I'm just hoping this frame **** can be handled fairly low priced and without too much hassle, Ithink it's gonna need the end chopped about 8 inchs back and a new piece installed, it's just mangled to hell, but the length of the rail seems to be in alignment, it just took the blow dead on the end.

I'm gonna hope to just find another wrecked bird with a untouched front clip and get the rest of the parts and panels cheap.

Quick Reply: How Front Frame Rail Look?