Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

New paint job???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New paint job???

My cars paint is in really bad shape. I'm wanting to get a new paint job and Im just looking for a few paint options. Anyways I was wondering what a flat black or satin black ws6 Trans Am would look like? I think that satin black with red accents would look pretty cool but, I've never seen it in person. Anybody have any pics
Old 02-13-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you go with red accents are you talikg about stripes, or red logos and such?

if you go wiht a flat black i think it would look bitchin with some handpainted pinstriping but if you go wiht just the red logos i think it will look like a project car that has yet to get out of primer...

fyi primer is a bigger draw for cops than a red car so also weigh that in you decision making.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah and imho if you do it the car needs to be uber frickin loud to complete the "rat rod" look.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Or, I was thinking that with a flat/satin black maybe slighty lighter ghost flames
Old 02-13-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

flat blank isnt gonna look so good on your car man... its to new of a car to pull that rat-rod look off... if you wanna change the color with out doing the jams and such then just do it like a sweet metallic black or somthing like that so you stay with black... but flat black is just gonna look like the car aged 10 years to soon... dont forget unless you do the work yourself painjobs are expensive so you dont wanna pay twice because u THOUGHT it would look good... trust me iv seen it before i work at a body shop... just some FYI for you... good luck man
Old 02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info. What about a satin black finish, how would that look? I can see where flat black would make the car look old and ragged. Would satin have a little gloss in it? Maybe that would look better. I've seen it done on a few inports and thought it looked good, I guess it all depends on the car.
Anybody have pics?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

look at the last gm high tech erformance. There is a flat/semi gloss Z28 GMPP test car that looks killer.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well yea you can can flatten the clear to what ever you want from ultra shiney to flatt black... so there is an in between it might look alright with it like that but i mean i have a black formula and id never even think about doin it in a flatter black than what the factory does... if you just do it like a satin type color with a little shine its gonna look like a 50's laquer job... i mean its up to you get someone to do a photoshop or somthing... hope this helps ya
Old 02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know what you mean about the satin look... a few years back my dad re-painted my old '95 Mystic Teal Camaro and I actually liked the way it looked when just the base was on with that satin type of look!

I agree though that it'll be hard to pull off that finish on a newer model car... not saying it can't be done but it is your car after all and I say do whatever makes you happy with it.

Quick Reply: New paint job???