Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How to get rid of orange peel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets just get this out there. You dont use wood because it does not conform. 3M rubber blocks are the only way to go imho, but rubber blocks FTW. People or "professionals" who use wood are only doing it cause they dont want to spend the money or the know how.

Try taking that block of wood near a body line>>lol

ToplessHo, they make longer blocks than 6in. This clearly shows the lack of experiance and knowledge.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by freefallen.1
Lets just get this out there. You dont use wood because it does not conform. 3M rubber blocks are the only way to go imho, but rubber blocks FTW. People or "professionals" who use wood are only doing it cause they dont want to spend the money or the know how.

Try taking that block of wood near a body line>>lol

ToplessHo, they make longer blocks than 6in. This clearly shows the lack of experiance and knowledge.
No it clearly shows your lack of knowledge.
Maybe you should try using spell check too.
As for the lack of experiance (spelled wrong to match yours)youre barking up the wrong tree.
Yes I have blocks longer than 6 inches,have proform boards air files etc and still say there comes a need for long wood blocks for large flat areas.I guess you started working on cars when they started being shaped like soap bars?But I wasnt the one that started this pissing contest.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Strong words. We need a section just for bitching back and forth haha. All we can do is give the man all of our opinions then it's up to him how he decides to use what we tell him.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by toplessHO
No it clearly shows your lack of knowledge.
Maybe you should try using spell check too.
As for the lack of experiance (spelled wrong to match yours)youre barking up the wrong tree.
Yes I have blocks longer than 6 inches,have proform boards air files etc and still say there comes a need for long wood blocks for large flat areas.I guess you started working on cars when they started being shaped like soap bars?But I wasnt the one that started this pissing contest.
I did spell one word wrong. That only shows I still have a brain and do not depend on spell check. I wasnt in a "pissing" contest. I believe in giving correct information and not trying to screw someones project up. You just continue using your surf board to sand on your cars.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002nbmss
Damn! Strong words. We need a section just for bitching back and forth haha. All we can do is give the man all of our opinions then it's up to him how he decides to use what we tell him.
Thats awesome. I agree open a warning thread.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Freefallin1 has opened a warning thread!!!!! Everyone looking for professional advice should take a look at it!!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Default Paint Dilemma

I have some fiberglass fenders that I just painted with Rustoleum enamel spray paint, 3 coats of paint to be exact. It has orange peel, and I want it gone. There is no clear coat or laquer on it YET, so I am wondering if I should clear coat it first THEN sand the orange peel, or sand it before I clear coat?

What is better, clear coat, laquer, or polyeurethane?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

ToplessHO, Im with you on this one. I have used wood, I have used exhaust tubing, I have used all sorts of stuff to block out a car. Whatever works for that particular project. I have them all Dura blocks, rubber squeegees, the blocks with the rods in them, etc,etc. The sandpaper has no idea what its being attached to, and the car has no clue whats being used. One of my favorite blocks for wetsanding is using a paintstick.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

sand first
Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your best bet is to wipe the spray paint off with some laquer thinner and start over with real catalyzed automotive paint.
Originally Posted by Petrey
I have some fiberglass fenders that I just painted with Rustoleum enamel spray paint, 3 coats of paint to be exact. It has orange peel, and I want it gone. There is no clear coat or laquer on it YET, so I am wondering if I should clear coat it first THEN sand the orange peel, or sand it before I clear coat?

What is better, clear coat, laquer, or polyeurethane?

Quick Reply: How to get rid of orange peel?