Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

sebring silver paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sebring silver paint

i just bought a new bumper for my car and im going to have it painted ( given) and i've heard that its hard to match this color paint, and i was wondering if i should put it on the car to have it painted so they can match it, or just bring it by itself?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

no one??
Old 02-28-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bring the car and tell them to match it then. If they are reputable then they should have color chips or better to match it up with. Me personally, Id want it blended.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it's a good shop and you show up with the car, they should have an electronic device that reads the paint to make a match for it....so you can then leave the piece and take the car
Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Teching In

definitely put it on the car for them to match it up cuz they can blend it alot better that way!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Veteran

dude all they have to do is look at your color code under or hood or somewhere on the car and they'll match it perfectly
Old 02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, but ive read that its hard to get the exact color to match, that it will look little different
Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Teching In

I repainted the whole front of my car, cause i bought it wrecked, and it turned out great.

what i didm abd what others have told me is to do a little extra sanding on silver, because the texture is more visible through the clear in the light more than other colors. so i sanded all the primer down to i think 600 i think...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Just take the car in along with the bumper and like previously stated they will have color chip books to look up the paint. (I have never heard of a body shop without color chip books.) And as far as finding the color code on GMs it should be in the glove box. But most colors have different variables which would look way off the right color if the car was not there to compare the variable colors to. And if you want to do the sanding yourself to save a little $$$ just use 320 if the bumper is used and has paint on it or red scotch brite if it is a new one wich comes with primer that only needs to be scuffed and not blocked out. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Bringing up a old post, but what did you end up doing? I took my 02 with sebring silver paint to a few shops to see the price of painting a aftermarket hood. All of them said silver was the hardest color to match and I would need to have it blended to look right. Thats the only thing so far that has kept me from adding a new hood, since my paint is perfect now and if I ever want to go back to the stock hood, then I'll have to go through the same thing again.

Quick Reply: sebring silver paint