Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very clear to me just seeing the pic of your car and your bitch of a neighbors POS that some of your paint is on her POS and that her piant is on your babey. Doesnt matter she works for a lawyers office. If her boss has any brains he will know through the pics she did it. Tha fact that she has acted towards you in such a rude, and irrate manner is really messed up. It sucks that nowa days people cant own up to there mistakes. I really hope that your car gets fixed and that she pays for every freakn penny of your repaire. (I cant spell) Sorry that this happened to you and wish you tha best.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I seriously hate people. I'm still stuck in an apartment for a few more years getting finances in order to buy a house (with a big garage) but you read about my little fiasco with my GTO getting backed into recently and I've had it with how shitty people are Michelle. Its to the point where I'm about ready to install my own surveillence system on my patio area of my apartment with it focused right on my GTO's spot so in case anything ever happens to it again I'll have it on video for proof. For now though it's going to be the thickest car cover I can find and parking even further away.

Best of luck in getting this taken care of on their dime. Keep us updated.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Great job by being proactive about the situation. If you really believe the young guy may have done it or she didn't realize she did it, you could diffuse the hostility with her by telling her that you would rather let her make payments to you than prosecute her. Have a reasonable quote for the damage ready for her. If she really is involved in law and and has an ounce of brain in her skull she should be happy to opt out of a legal situation. Perhaps she will see it as a chance to teach the young guy a "valuable lesson", and take it out of his allowance.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Next time you see your dumbass neighbor lady kick the biaaaaatch in the crotch for me please.

Let your insurance handle it period, don't talk to the dumbass anymore.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackmaro99
Great job by being proactive about the situation. If you really believe the young guy may have done it or she didn't realize she did it, you could diffuse the hostility with her by telling her that you would rather let her make payments to you than prosecute her. Have a reasonable quote for the damage ready for her. If she really is involved in law and and has an ounce of brain in her skull she should be happy to opt out of a legal situation. Perhaps she will see it as a chance to teach the young guy a "valuable lesson", and take it out of his allowance.
You are kidding, right? Payments? Yeah, her car got damaged, and want her to consider taking payments until she can recoupe enough to fix the loss that occured from someone else's fault?

If she goes the route you are suggesting, she may never see payment in full, due to nothing more than promises of making payments.

I would expect payment in full, so I could promptly put my car back to where it was, before they damaged it. Why settle for anything else, and have to drive the car with cruddy looking damage on it, waiting for them to pay so she can fix it to look nice again? Michelle should not have to suffer, at their expense. JMHO..

Sure, she could pay the expense out of her pocket, and wait for the kid to pay it back with payments, but why should she be out one dime upfront, when it was not her fault?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow you have worse luck than me lol. Hope you screw her and her kids azz to the wall what low lifes. Hope ya get it all straigtened out.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Noel
You are kidding, right? Payments? Yeah, her car got damaged, and want her to consider taking payments until she can recoupe enough to fix the loss that occured from someone else's fault?

If she goes the route you are suggesting, she may never see payment in full, due to nothing more than promises of making payments.

I would expect payment in full, so I could promptly put my car back to where it was, before they damaged it. Why settle for anything else, and have to drive the car with cruddy looking damage on it, waiting for them to pay so she can fix it to look nice again? Michelle should not have to suffer, at their expense. JMHO..

Sure, she could pay the expense out of her pocket, and wait for the kid to pay it back with payments, but why should she be out one dime upfront, when it was not her fault?
I agree with what you're saying. It just sounds to me like maybe she knows it was her/the kid's fault and can't afford it. Yes, trying to recoup all the money at once from her will get the car fixed, but is it worth making an enemy out of the crazy bitch next door? I am suggesting the possibility of working with the old woman to get the car fixed rather than putting her in the poor house and making an enemy of a neighbor. Flamin Bird already mentioned she was scared of her. If it was me and I could get her to admit fault I would damn sure make her pay for the repairs, but maybe offer her a month or two to do so.

On the other hand, if she continued to deny fault and be uncooperative, I would do whatever was necessary to get the car fixed as you said.

I had a problem with a neighbor 3 years ago when I first moved into my apartment over a damn newspaper. She still hates me and is as noisy as possible, whenever possible. An insane old woman could be worse.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackmaro99
I agree with what you're saying. It just sounds to me like maybe she knows it was her/the kid's fault and can't afford it. Yes, trying to recoup all the money at once from her will get the car fixed, but is it worth making an enemy out of the crazy bitch next door? I am suggesting the possibility of working with the old woman to get the car fixed rather than putting her in the poor house and making an enemy of a neighbor. Flamin Bird already mentioned she was scared of her. If it was me and I could get her to admit fault I would damn sure make her pay for the repairs, but maybe offer her a month or two to do so.

On the other hand, if she continued to deny fault and be uncooperative, I would do whatever was necessary to get the car fixed as you said.

I had a problem with a neighbor 3 years ago when I first moved into my apartment over a damn newspaper. She still hates me and is as noisy as possible, whenever possible. An insane old woman could be worse.

True enough, my friend. I guess it just burns my butt to see someone get screwed around, like this woman and her kid tried to do to Michelle.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

measure the distance from the ground on both vehicles and it will tell you what u need to know
Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

oh yea thats your paint man lol no explaining that... what you should have done was after she went back home you should have called up some buddys, grabbed your stash, and did a good ol Al Capone thank you to her

And then after that go sit down with the boys and have a few drinks and then played it cool and act like nothing even happen when your questioned
Old 04-08-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

I feel your pain. The boozbag lady living across from me backed into my Camaro, unfortunately I had no way of proving it, but I'm sure she did it. It sucks cuz these people used to be friends. I couldn't believe they wouldn't fess up. Now we be feuding!

It looks and sounds like you have a solid case against them. It sucks that it happened but I believe you'll be compensated. Don't worry about not being neighborly, it was the other party that did the shitty thing.

Good luck.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the nice replies and thoughts. Its really appreciated and makes me feel better knowing I have support from all the fbody family . I just got back from a weekend trip so hence the late reply here. My thoughts are the same as Tim’s…. I shouldn’t have to pay out of my pocket for this. Like he said..its not my fault and while its terrible that she now will no longer be pleasant what else am I told do…? If I let everything go like that my car would look like crap. I’ve already got more scraps and knicks from other townhouses I lived in and it’s a shame. My car used to be spotless and now its bruised and scarred .

I talked to the insurance adjuster Friday and he said to leave my car where it was because they were going to have someone come out and inspect both vehicles. The adjuster called this morning and said he was going out there today. He called me a little bit ago from the house and wanted to make sure he had all the information he needed and did tell me he was pretty sure that was my paint on her car. The sheriff talked to my neighbor on Friday night and she denies hitting my car and is adamant about it. He asked other neighbors if they saw anything and they didn’t as I figured. I should post up a pic of how her car is parked. The wheels are turned so hard to the right…good indication of how wide she came into the spot. We’ll see what happens. I’m hoping now I can drive the car tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone
Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just saw this thread. That really sucks that your car got hit, even more so that your neighbor's such a bitch. It sounds like everything should get worked out with all of those people you have running over there though. Just keep pushing that sheriff to charge her with a hit and run. Hopefully she'll go to jail and you won't have to see her ever again Good luck with everything, I hope the paint matches well. Also, awesome car!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't let the old lady get away with it...something like this happened to me a couple years back. A lady was trying to get across a busy road, and cut right in front of me...I had to swerve to avoid her, and she clipped a part of my rear bumper in the process. She just kept right on driving as I got out to check the damage, and I hauled *** after her to make her stop. I immediately called the cops, and she insisted that she didn't damage my car. The cop didn't even see the damage until I pointed it out, and we went over to her car to see my black paint on her bumper at the same level. She still denied it. The cop told me we could swap insurance information and be on our way, or he could write a ticket since she was at fault. She was still denying that anything happened, and even had the nerve to say "Oh, that ain't no damage", so I told the cop to write her a ticket...when he was done, I told her I was sorry, but I wouldn't have done it if she would have just owned up to her mistake.

People disappoint me so much these days...
Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most obvious hit and run I've ever seen. WOW. I'm sorry man. But if you really are scared of her, just walk in to and from your car a few times with a shotgun visible. It's legal in TX as long as it's not a pistol, so I'm sure it's legal in VA. HAHA.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Michelle's insurance company will take care of her for sure, un-insured motorist property damage could probably take care of that, I can't remember what the law is in Virginia... ( i work for an insurance company) but your claim adjuster should have the best options for you, and if you do have to pay a collision deductible out of your pocket they will get it back to you from her insurance company.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

after i'd get it fixed i knock the hell outta him. people just dont care i mean ill try and park away from people and no matter how far i park away some dumbass is going to park beside me. people are careless. if she doesnt want to pay for it take them to court you have proof i mean they cant deny it.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Its pretty obvious, I'd just check the height, make sure its about the same... but this is a great Judge Judy case if I ever saw one. I could see her screaming at that lady lol!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get it fixed and then kill him!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
get it fixed and then kill him!!!
You got it backwards brah. It's kill him then get it fixed.

Quick Reply: My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car