Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

baseball bat to the kids head would do the trick
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Court is the only way to resolve this. If you can get the police and insurance report, the court proceeding will take care of everything else. It sucks when it involves a neighbor, but since this neighbor refuses to own up to the loss, then going to court is the most civil recourse you have (there are other things you can do, but they're illegal and you'll still have hard feelings with your neighbor.) Try to be as peaceful as possible (even if it means not speaking), because after all of this, you still have to live there. It may also mean that you will need to watch your car like a hawk or even consider finding another place to park it.

Good luck. Unfortunately I can relate to this situation.

Last edited by lbls1; 04-10-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Texass683
baseball bat to the kids head would do the trick
2x

-Lurius
Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

HA ha about the baseball bat . The lady is unstable and her son has gotten in to trouble before. They often are fighting so loud that I hear it from the kitchen. One day I was outside talking to a friend on the phone on the back deck and they were yelling so loud I could barely hear myself talk let alone my friend.

There really is no other place safe to park my car as all but the visitors spaces are assigned
Old 04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good job on getting a handle on this situation. She can be as angry as she wants, just remind her that it won't change a thing. She hit your car and your insurance agent, the law, and common sense agree.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the best things you can do is get out a ruler / tape measurer and measure the height of the damage on your bumper and then go measure the height of the bumper on her car where the paint damage is. This way you have numerical proof to show that it had to be her, in addition to the pictures. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats just crap. Sorry for all the trouble that this is causing. Along with the damage to the Car. I would flip out. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

good luck with everything, I just hate it when people deny their harmful actions
Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
good luck with everything, I just hate it when people deny their harmful actions
That seems to be a common problem with today's society, no one wants to own up to their mistakes. I myself have no problem admitting when I've f'ed up
Old 04-11-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks again everyone. The adjuster was out there Monday and did measure everything. I havent heard back but will call today. You guys are right about people..they just don't want to own up that they did something wrong. They also dont care about other peoples property. I'm guessing the price will be $200 to get it fixed...just what the deductible is in a hit and run case.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Try finding a new apartment? Just wondering, what does the kid drive?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thing is we'll be moving out of the state by the end of the summer depending on where Tim gets a manager position with FedEx. The kid supposedly doesnt drive since he only has his learners permit. :/ and its the mom that drives it from time to time. Its a hunk of junk... 90's Buick all scratched to hell
Old 04-19-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE...I finally heard back from the insurance company. They said that they are going to charge the neighbor with hitting my car. They feel there is enough evidence to prove she did it. Their estimate is $400 even. They will also give me a rental for two days free while the car is being repaired. My insurance company can’t seem to find any insurance info on that car so if they find out it’s uninsured then I wont have to pay any deductible which is $200. If they do find that she has insurance and they fight it and we end up loosing I still only pay $200 because it would be an “unknown person” hit my car. Of course if its proven that she did it then I don’t pay anything either. Its going to be a lengthy process and hopefully this whole thing escalates AFTER I move out by the end of May. I’m afraid of retaliation from her, her son or her son’s friends.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
UPDATE...I finally heard back from the insurance company. They said that they are going to charge the neighbor with hitting my car. They feel there is enough evidence to prove she did it. Their estimate is $400 even. They will also give me a rental for two days free while the car is being repaired. My insurance company can’t seem to find any insurance info on that car so if they find out it’s uninsured then I wont have to pay any deductible which is $200. If they do find that she has insurance and they fight it and we end up loosing I still only pay $200 because it would be an “unknown person” hit my car. Of course if its proven that she did it then I don’t pay anything either. Its going to be a lengthy process and hopefully this whole thing escalates AFTER I move out by the end of May. I’m afraid of retaliation from her, her son or her son’s friends.
Congrats! Don't worry about your neighbors though, they were at fault and they SHOULD come to justice. Have Tim watch them or setup a camera to keep a close eye on them for any more destruction until you move out if you still feel insecure. Do you think $400 is enough to have it fixed?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got another call from the insurance company and they have her insurance info and have already filed a claim. I’m sure she’ll get a call from them today but I’ll be gone all weekend so I wont have to deal with her. Yes I think $400 will cover the damage. Most likely will cover the whole bumper being painted..I hope!! I have two damaged areas where someone backed into or over my car once at a mall a couple years ago . Its minor…lots of light cracks through the paint and a couple star shaped chips. As far as setting up a camera neither of us own a video camera. I wish I had one installed in the car that would start recording whenever it sensed motion.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
...The kid supposedly doesnt drive since he only has his learners permit...
and herein lies the root of all the trouble.

i bet he drove the car all on his own without a licensed adult with him and hit your car, and that's why they're trying so hard to deny everything, so he won't get in trouble and lose his license
Old 04-24-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
and herein lies the root of all the trouble.

i bet he drove the car all on his own without a licensed adult with him and hit your car, and that's why they're trying so hard to deny everything, so he won't get in trouble and lose his license
I agree. Also he and his mom were arguing that night I found out about the damage very loudly and slamming the doors in the house late at night. I'm sure it was over the incident. I have not heard anything from her insurance company yet. Hopefully they'll just pay for it to be fixed.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I had to post this because its absurd. Today I was outside washing the car and I saw the neighbor come out. I didnt want to bother with her so I figured I'd duck down and clean the wheels figuring she'd go on about her way and leave me alone. I hadnt spoken to her since she confronted me on my way out the door to work April 6th. Well she came over and started to harrass me. She wouldnt shut up and kept going on about how she didnt hit the car and how dare I accuse her of it. I ignored her but she kept on saying crap and that I was a lousy neighbor and couldnt wait till I moved out. As she left in her car she still was talkin crap. About 40 minutes later Tim comes home and we start to wash his car and then she arrives. Sure enough she started talking crap to us again and starting getting nasty. She told him to shut up and starting putting her finger in his face. Of course he talked back to her and had a lot of good comebacks. SHe just wouldnt shut up no matter how much we ignored her. THen she went out to take pics of my car....its been 20 days since! Then she said he were doing illegal stuff and more crazy stuff. The woman is really crazy and it's now verging on if not already harrasing. I cant even go out of the house without her bothering me and if she keeps it up I'll call the cops on her. Oh and she told me that there was no way anyone could've ever done the damage to my car..that it wasnt possible. I said then how did it get there??

Anyway just wanted to post this
Old 04-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a video camera, or a digital camera that will take videos? I think it is time to get this on tape so you can show it to the authorities...
Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

No I dont have a video camera . I actually thought about that today when she was so confrontational. She really is whacked. The stuff that was spewing out of her mouth was like someone on crack. Thing that gets me is that we were minding our own business not even looking at her or paying any attention to her. If I was her and someone accused me of hitting their car the last thing I would do is confront them in the manner she has. I have tried to avoid her since I saw her reaction the first night I found my car was hit. What she wouldnt listen to is that the insurance company came out and found enough evidence to charge her with hitting my car. I never gave her name just stated the facts of the situation...that her car is the only one there, that it left one night and that my car never moved for 10 days. No matter how many times I repeated that to her she kept on saying I gave them her name and said she did it.

She had the nerve to tell me that she was living between two nuts. I felt like saying the only nut is the one in her head but I just ignored her.

Quick Reply: My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car