Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Newbie and Hood Options - Please Advise Me

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Newbie and Hood Options - Please Advise Me

i'm trying to decide on a hood to replace the stock hood on my 98 T/A. i don't like the style of the ws6 ram air-like hoods as much as i do the raptor-like hoods. what i really want is a firehawk hood. gm is selling the hood for like $1400.00 which is quite out of my price range. ebay has em for around $900, still a bit too high. slp makes one for $823, better, but still too high. suncoast has one for $750, gettin there but still too high if i can afford not to. the company i'm looking at is called certi-fit, a 3rd party manufacturer of replica oem parts with what i'm told, is identical quality but much less. so much less in fact that the ram air version of the hood is $250 if the body shop buys it, and $326 if the customer buys it (if they even can, i'm not sure of that yet, but that's their "list price" and i don't know why they'd have that and a "shop price" if only shops can buy from them.)

so, i'd like recommendations and opinions on which company to go with. also, is the ram air version of the oem part the firehawk hood or the ws6 ram air style hood (where the intake is split in half)? i can't find a clear picture of it anywhere except already on cars, in which case i don't know if that's the stock hood.

also, please don't suggest vfn, i'm sure they're great but i could only find ws6 style hoods from them, and i hear they take minimum 2 weeks to deliver, and i don't really have that much time. thanks in advance everyone, please help me out here!

Quick Reply: Newbie and Hood Options - Please Advise Me