Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Cleveland guys and girls.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleveland guys and girls.

I tried posting this in the Midwestern Regional Forum, but got no response.

Well I came across a little accident the other day. I rear ended some guy in his work van. I wasnt' paying attention a let off the brake and just tapped the gas, and that was it. But I didn't hit his bumper. The had some metal bar sticking about 2 feet out parallel to his bumper. That bar was attatched to his frame. So he had no damage, and well, I got screwed. He rolled his window down and said, "I'm just going to let it go." He knew that I hit that bar and not any panels on his van. I was so happy that he just let it go. I didn't need any more on my record.
I'm probably going to go to a dealership to pick up a new bumper. I heard from someone on this site that you can get them for like 200 bucks at the dealerships. Unless someone knows somewhere cheaper.
But this is the question for you guys and girls up here in Cleveland. I'm looking for a good shop to go and have it painted. The last time I had stuff painted, it was some shop in Berea and they did a horrible job. Clear coat drips, eyelashes in the clear, fender lips not painted. And to top it all off, the color was right, but it didn't have that sparkle to it like the rest of the car. So if anyone knows of somewhere good to have paint work done, please, let me know. I'm also looking to have the hood and fenders repainted as well, just due to the clear coat drips and fender lips.
Here are some before and after pics from the fender bender. Sorry about the night photos.

Before:

After the accident:

Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

TTT,, someone on this site had to have had some paint work done near the Cleveland area. Right?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Call one of the classic car shops listed here and see if they can help find a good painter. Jerry's House of Color has a good rep.

http://www.cruisintimes.org/site/ind...display&ceid=2

Quick Reply: Cleveland guys and girls.