Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

LS1 ACE's SS goes in for repairs

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 ACE's SS goes in for repairs

I just dropped off my SS at the body shop. I looked and searched and asked many questions and finally found a place that would do the job to my specs. I'm paying a pretty penny but the outcome should be perfect.

I'm getting the front bumper cover replaced and painted. Plus I'm getting the driver's side quarter fixed and painted because some guy side swiped me. Finally, the whole car will be wetsanded. From what I understand the paint should look brand new. No swirls, marks, etc.

I understand that this body shop does good work. Still, I'm very nervous. I feel weird without my car not to mention it's my daily driver. What do you guys do to relax when your car is in the shop? I guess all I can do is think positive and think of how good she will look when she's out. Miss yah baby! (SS)

LS1 ACE
Old 05-15-2007, 02:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's about time. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Gilbert. You're right, it's about damn time. lol.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

i went to check out my car today. it looks great! there is no two tone paint on the car at all. i was concerned about that. i was suppose to pick it up today but they didn't colorsand it like i asked and paid them too. they only buffed it. will be done tomm. i will try to take pics.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Default Help!

guys, i need your help!

i went and picked up the car yesterday and was pleased. however, today when i inspected it closely in the sun...well i wasn't so happy.

what was done:
*changed and painted front bumper cover
*fixed quarter panel dent and refinished
*fixed door panel and repainted
*colorsanded whole car to take of swirls and scratches

i asked them too change and repaint the front bumper cover. that looks great. the door looks good too. the only bad thing about the whole car is the fact that the car was colorsanded and i can see fine scratches!

by scratches i mean swirls. in the sun i can see where the machine when ahead and left very fine swirl marks. you know the ones that look super shiny. they are all over the drivers quarter panel. i can't feel them with my fingers but the sun sure does make them stand out.

what can i do here guys?
do you think i will have a problem having them fix this because i brought it home for one day?
also, is this something than can be fixed or does it have to be repainted?

please help!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:55 AM

I would take it back and see if the shop will fix it. If not you would have to polish them out.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

yeah i hope they fix it. i'm getting more pissed off about this as time goes by. if it comes down to me having to polish it, so be it. i've never used a PC buffer, but i can sure as hell learn! i'm so fucken irritated. i know it's the smallest thing, but i paid DAMN good money for this. arghhh.

..let's just hope they fix it. :/
Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by LS1 ACE
yeah i hope they fix it. i'm getting more pissed off about this as time goes by. if it comes down to me having to polish it, so be it. i've never used a PC buffer, but i can sure as hell learn! i'm so fucken irritated. i know it's the smallest thing, but i paid DAMN good money for this. arghhh.

..let's just hope they fix it. :/
If you have a PC I can teach you how to use it. It is very easy to use. I just haven't ponied up the money to buy one lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:02 AM
On The Tree

thanks man. i will relax and go in with a positive attitude tomm. if worse comes to worse i'll pony up some cash and buy a pc. then that's where you come in. thanks Gil. I'll keep yah posted on what happens.

Quick Reply: LS1 ACE's SS goes in for repairs