Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Question about matching Arctic White for can painting engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Question about matching Arctic White for can painting engine bay

I have decided I want to repaint and clear some of my engine bay while I have stuff tore apart and areas are somewhat accessible. My car is Arctic White (10U). The plan is to use rattle cans. I plan on painting the inner wheel wells, most of the inner fender, hood stop brackets, radiator support (the transverse piece along the front of the engine bay), and the piece the hood latch assembly bolts to. I have already used Duplicolor acrylic lacquer to paint and clear the lower air box and intake manifold gloss black. I also used Duplicolor’s Engine Enamel to paint the valve covers, PS pump/pulley, coil brackets, and belt tensioner gloss black. Parbreak did my air lid and FRC’s in Arctic White with black accents.
• I cannot find an 11oz Duplicolor can for Arctic White. The most important question is this. What do you suggest I use to closely replicate the stock Arctic White finish: both base and clear?
• Also, if you have any other suggestions, feel free to offer them.
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most paint shops will be able to mix up the Arctic White for you and put it into an aerosol can so you can spray it.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 06-05-2007, 02:26 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by parbreak
Most paint shops will be able to mix up the Arctic White for you and put it into an aerosol can so you can spray it.

Bryan
parbreak
Thanks. Will check into that.