Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

More progress pictures of Project "Not Hot Pink"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As soon as you saw them painting it in an open shop you should have grabbed the keys and hauled ***. Did they do the door jambs?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, he did the door jambs. Well I wasn't about to take a half finished car and run, especially since she paid in advance so we stuck it out and hoped for the best.

He did take the doors off, took the interior out, took off the rear hatch, removed front and rear bumpers...all that made a good impression. I just think he got tired towards the end and did some short cutting. The little bondo work the rear fenders needed some more attention than he gave it,....it looks a bit wavy now with the paint on it. The hood he really didn't prep at all, just basically tried to fix some spiderweb cracking that must have been caused by the hood getting dropped, and that's it. The spiderwebbing of course came right through the paint again.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paid in advance....no paint booth....insanely low price... this has textbook "body shop nightmare" written all over it. When you get it back PM me and I'll try and lead you in the right direction to get it looking as good as possible.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, she's screwed. That sucks

Quick Reply: More progress pictures of Project "Not Hot Pink"