Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Got in a fender bender and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Got in a fender bender and have questions

I was hit yesterday after a guy ran a red light. The damage doesn't look terrible, but it busted up the fiberglass on the driver front door and the fender. Also bent something behind the wheel 'cause the wheel is now angled in on top. My judgement says the guy was doing around 15-20 when he slid into my car. (Could be wrong)

My question is, can a hit in the front/side like this screw up things in the rear of the car. I noticed that the gaps between the hatch and the rear valance don't match up from side to side. Probably a 1/4 inch differance. Also the bumper looks to have popped out on both sides where it meets the rear quarter panel. And another thing I noticed is that my side mirrors don't meet up to the front quarter panels the same. Could this have happened from the accident, or are these probably just blemishes that have been there for a while and I am just now seeing them.

What unhidden damage shout I look for?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Teching In

well since u say there is damage present on the rear, u could have bent the unibody structure, which would cause the unexplained damages
Old 06-28-2007, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Isn't his insurance paying for it?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd get it to a shop as soon as you can to get an estimate. Sounds like you could have bent the subframe with your front 1/4 panels not lining up. That kind of hidden damage could easily total the car out depending on how bad it is.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Kinda what I was thinking. I'm going to call a few body shops today and try to get her in.

As of right now, his insurance company hasn't been able to get a hold of him and they haven't recieved the police report yet so they haven't taken liability. YET. It is his faulst and was issued a citation, so their is no way they can deny me the repairs.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a copy of the P/R? if not make sure you get one. (i'm an insurance adjuster ) And if his company still doesn't accept liability with the P/R get your insco involved ASAP and they can take care of that stuff for you. They may even waive your ded and just get it back from the other company.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Ins company came thru. Wrecker is on it's way to pick her up and I already got my rental (FOCUS). Now we'll see what the extent of the damage is. Thanks for your help guys.