Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

rear bumper cover replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear bumper cover replacement

Wish I had taken pictures of everything but all you need is a 10 mm socket a flat head screwdriver and a phillips head. 10 nuts to take off, 2 screws and a little elbow grease.

I had hit a jersey wall and screwed up my rear bumper cover pretty bad so I finally found a replacement at a junkyard that was from a front end wreck. Took about an hour and a half to do with moving a lot of my airride stuff out of the trunk just to have space to throw everything.

Pulled back the carpet, unscrewed the lights, unhooked the bulbs.

4 10 mm nuts for the infamous "berger" panel everyone paints or fills in and sticks an older emblem on

once that is off you have 4 more 10 mm nuts around the perimeter behind the spare tire and on the drivers side

remember that only counts to 8 nuts, need another 2, where are they you ask? in the wheel well along with a phillips (+) head self tapper that you have to unscrew. Then go underneath and pull out the 4 body clips in the center. Now you are left with 6 of those annoying body clips that I always break off and need more of. The kind that you have to pull the center out of and then pull the whole piece out. Anyway there are 4 below where the CAMARO, panel sat and 2 on the bottom, one on each end of the bumper.

You're done, pull each side out and pull the bumper cover off.

Replacement was even faster than disassembly. Not a thorough write up but the jist of it is there. Was a fun past hour and a half. I'll clean the car up and put up a picture of the final later!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

quick question why did you post this it is not hard i got pics and can get pics i do body work for a living my family owns a shop but yea just wondering not trying to be an ***
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Well jegan1989 there are a good amount of people that do not do body work, if they did your family would be out of business wouldn't they. Every once and a while someone uses the search function on the site and having something to reference isn't a bad idea.

I'm sorry that you're so inclined that you don't need any information on removing a body panel.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

i told you i was not trying to be an *** just wondering if some one asked for it but since you are trying to be an *** it is kinda funny that you went and looked and then posted this when we got the samething at the top of the paint and bodywork section with the ceta this is the link waste your time some more

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/518570-ceta-bumper-how.html
Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

And there are still people that own a camaro and don't know if the removal of their bumper is the same as one for a firebird/trans am. Tried to cover another aspect since not everyone knows everything about body work.

Alas, I'm sorry that you are a reigning expert.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

ok we are adults we need to quit with the back and forth right but sorry for all that i did not realize that it is for a camaro and you didnt put it i dont think dont hold me to that but i will help out your post if you want and take some pics when i part out this next camaro and show everything to help out your thread but only if you want i am not here to be an *** i am just trying to help out people with this hobby so lets both grow up and work together to improve this area in the forum ok pm me and let me know if you want some pics sorry for being an ***
Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

If you would like to throw up some pictures I can make the post a little bit more official looking, that would be nice as my pictures now wouldn't be near what I would like them to be for a write up.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

ok i will grab some as soon as take off the bumper i will be doing it in the next week or two i part out cars so i have some stuff i need to sell off the camaro
Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Alright, sounds good to me! I apologize for being a dick earlier.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the pointers, how bout something like this for the front bumper cover like on my TA?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Quick Reply: rear bumper cover replacement