Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

why does it look like this??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does it look like this??

why does my fenders and front clip look like its warped were they line up?? my car has never been in a wreck or anything but it almost looks like it has been ....i have seen acouple cars with the same prob and they were both white so i didnt know if they all look like this and it just shows up on white more or what...sorry for it being blurry its a old pic i took with my cell
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want the truth, the quality on the f-bodies is ****. Reason they don't make them anymore. Overall I like the car, I have 3 of them for a reason
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dan
If you want the truth, the quality on the f-bodies is ****. Reason they don't make them anymore. Overall I like the car, I have 3 of them for a reason
He is right... thats not the reason they dont make them anymore, but they do have a few flaws, very cheaply made.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

ya i havent been a F-Body owner that long, but i have seen lots a things that just kinda make ya scratch ur head and wonder y the hell did they do that!?!? but i still love them!!! ...one thing that Ford did do that Pontiac didnt was..... Circle their Problems (ford)
Old 10-07-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Default "CoOl"

Originally Posted by Pony_Killer
ya i havent been a F-Body owner that long, but i have seen lots a things that just kinda make ya scratch ur head and wonder y the hell did they do that!?!? but i still love them!!! ...one thing that Ford did do that Pontiac didnt was..... Circle their Problems (ford)
Way cool on your comment to Ford, I got a good laugh out of that one! "Priceless" Yes, the F-body and let alone G" in general can't be compared to the foreign(Japanese and European) vehicles. My parents just bought a new 2007 Camry with just 63 miles and let me tell you, quality. When I got in this car let alone closing the door, I was impressed! Driving was another story with the power of that re-design 4 cylinder motor. It's by no means like my Cammed Camaro 2000 SS but if I were to buy another car, it would be a Camry. My daily driver is a 2006 Trailblazer and I love it!

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...m00/?start=all

Last edited by ChoiceCam00; 10-07-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

ya this morning i actually made it look better by poping them back out from the inside fender...not sure how long it will last but maybe i can fix it better this winter when i tear down the car...their is no way in hell i would ever get a rice grinder for a second car lol if im not driving the T/A im driving my 98 4x4 Tahoe it gets me around better in the winter months here in Missouri
Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

You sure body panels haven't been replaced? I've seen that on non-OEM parts. Weird buckling.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
You sure body panels haven't been replaced? I've seen that on non-OEM parts. Weird buckling.
That's what I was thinking awhile back and I did one of the carfax things and it was never turned in if it was wrecked...and I've checked it over all the bolts are still painted with no wrench marks and no signs of anything being messed with so I dunno...
Old 10-07-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just because it wasn't wrecked doesn't mean something couldn't have happened. Like if the original owner backed into it in his own driveway or whatnot and just got it fixed himself that wouldn't show up on carfax.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Carfax would never show that I'm replacing the nose and rear bumper cover on my 94Z. I bought GM OEM pieces for it though.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Where from? I'm at some point when I have money going to need a front bumper cover and a driver side front fender. OEM would be nice, I've seen some of the aftermarket ones and they just seem cheesy - not all of them are I'm sure but the ones I've seen are just really flimsy.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can probably get good ones from junkyards, but I got my parts from Scoggin-Dickey. Shipping was reasonable too, though the nose does show up in a HUGE box.

I'd go the junkyard OEM nose route before I went with ebay parts.