Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Mashine Glaze???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mashine Glaze???

Im getting my car ready for the car show at the texas state fair and im planning on buffing my car this weekend. What kind of machine glaze would you guys recommend i buffed my friends car last weekend with a meguiars glaze and it was good but it wouldnt cut quick enough i was there for a while. Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Our shop uses the 3M line of products. For quick cutting compound we use the perfect it 3000. Dont use the extra cut type as it puts massive heavy swirls. We follow with 3M machine glaze on a black foam waffle pad. The we go over it with 3M ultra fina with the blue foam pad. As for the last step which is optional we finish with 3M hand Glaze and apply it by hand like a wax. Depending on how severity of the scratches you may wish to skip the first step. This may seem like a lot of work but it makes any color look like it is a mile deep and leaves no swirl marks on any color even black. I dont have the part numbers in front of me you can shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to help you.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Teching In

These are the part#'s 6060-xtra cut compound, 6062-is the regular rubbing compound not as coarse as 6060, use a 5703 wool pad or the 5725 foam waffle pad with these compounds. The next step use 6064- Swirl mark remover with the 5725 black foam waffle. Next use 6068- Ultrafina with the 5733 blue foam waffle pad. Hope this helps, you can pick these up at your local body shop supply retailer.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys i didnt think anyone would respond lol. This will come in handy. I will post pics of my car when done buffed. See what you guys think.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also an option which may make it easier for after hours or a weekend buff job, is a trip to a local liquor store before starting. I hate buffing and I need all the motivation I can get. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Launching!

lol thats i was planning on doin. Its long and tiering thanks.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A glaze doesn't have much cutting properties. If you're looking to get rid of holograms/swirls then use a light cutting pad with a final polish of some sort. Then, move on to glaze with a finishing pad as it fills in the last bits of micro marring left over. Then wax/seal.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vetman1
Our shop uses the 3M line of products. For quick cutting compound we use the perfect it 3000. Dont use the extra cut type as it puts massive heavy swirls. We follow with 3M machine glaze on a black foam waffle pad. The we go over it with 3M ultra fina with the blue foam pad. As for the last step which is optional we finish with 3M hand Glaze and apply it by hand like a wax. Depending on how severity of the scratches you may wish to skip the first step. This may seem like a lot of work but it makes any color look like it is a mile deep and leaves no swirl marks on any color even black. I dont have the part numbers in front of me you can shoot me a pm and I will be more than happy to help you.
+1 one for this i use the entire perfect 3000 line for cars that i do and my own.

Quick Reply: Mashine Glaze???