Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Cobra and truck Tangle in driveway

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007 | 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default Cobra and truck Tangle in driveway

Here's one for ya. My kids left apples in my Expedition and hence fruit flies. I detail the truck and park it in the driveway. Next thing you know, you guessed it, I back my 04 Cobra into it forgetting its there. What a freakin' Einstien move, Now the Cobra is fixed and looking great. The truck is still in the shop. Sometimes it just pays to stay in bed. Question. The truck is green and the paint guy is having a time getting the right color. Right now it's too dark and has to be done again. Is there a computer that matches this stuff or what?
Old 10-13-2007 | 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, it is called a spectrophotometer. I am sure all major paint mfrs. have these. Maybe they should try doing a spray out panel to check for proper color variation. Sometimes no matter who or what mixes the paint, it just has to be tinted. I know on the teal green that GM had on their early 90's trucks almost always had to be tinted and there were like 6 different variants for just that one color. I sure that if the shop you went to was a reputable and professional shop they should be able to get it with no problems. Also are they blending panels or going for a drop in panel to panel match? Good Luck.
Old 10-14-2007 | 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Blending. And thanks for name and such. Now at least I can go in and ask them to use this. Get it done right.
Old 10-15-2007 | 11:18 AM
On The Tree

These peices of equipment are pretty pricey..... they should be able to mix a blendable match pretty easy....
Old 10-15-2007 | 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

How do you back a car into an expedition without seeing it???
Old 10-15-2007 | 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

i've hit stuff not remembering. My bro left a rear from his mustang in the driveway. Backed the t/a out, went to start turning not remembering it was there, BOOM. Hit the rear w/ my front bumper, put a nice gouge in it.

Quick Reply: Cobra and truck Tangle in driveway