Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Deciding on painting my LS6 intake...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Deciding on painting my LS6 intake...

I have LPM (light pewter metallic) camaro and I'd like to paint the intake manifold to match the exterior color. I went to look around (auto parts store)if there is a light pewter metallic rattle can paint and no avail. Is there any rattle can paint out there that is closely match to GM's LPM? preferrably high heat paint...
Old 12-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Trunion King

Effin A. 37 views and not one responded.

What color should I go? I like those painted intakes in FIXVET thread but none of them goes with PEWTER.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Gloss black intakes go with any color exterier.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bene
I have LPM (light pewter metallic) camaro and I'd like to paint the intake manifold to match the exterior color. I went to look around (auto parts store)if there is a light pewter metallic rattle can paint and no avail. Is there any rattle can paint out there that is closely match to GM's LPM? preferrably high heat paint...
Yeah, that's kind of a funny color. I have it on my DD Blazer too. I was just in PepBoys today looking at Duplicolor paint colors. They have sort of a cast aluminum color that may be close. Check www.duplicolor.com for some ideas too. They have alot of good info. and ideas to consider.

Good luck........
Old 12-28-2007, 08:40 AM

you may even try to go with a red and highlight certain portions of your car with a different color..you could do red on the mani, valve covers, and coil brackets, and incorporate red or whatever color lightly throughout the car (like calipers, for ex)....I kind of like that idea...my car is red and I don't know what color to go on my intake though, so i might just do red lol
Old 12-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Trunion King

Well, Advance Auto have a color close to Light Pewter Metallic, its Light Champagne Metallic. I'll post up some pictures when I get mine done.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude do it right and get it sandblasted and painted by a body shop with the correct color to match the exterior
Old 12-29-2007, 02:22 PM

some body shops won't do just an intake manifold....i went around and asked if they'd do mine for me and they wouldn't..they told me to spray it myself, guess they dont make any money off it.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bowe1632
some body shops won't do just an intake manifold....i went around and asked if they'd do mine for me and they wouldn't..they told me to spray it myself, guess they dont make any money off it.
Body shops around here only want insurance jobs where they can overcharge their labor and R&R every little part, broken or not! I had a little parking lot dent put in the front fender of my DD by a little lady with no insurance, but lots of cash. She paid me off, but not one body shop would give me an estimate for just pulling out a dent and repainting the way I wanted. Most wouldn't even talk to me when I told them this was not an "insurance" job.!! They all wanted to basically replace the whole damn front end inc. windshield wiper arms because that's what their little software program said to do. What a scam! And we wonder why insurance rates are so high! I found a little Mexican guy down the street from me that fixed it exactly the way I wanted for 1/3 the estimate of the body shops. He did it old school, and it looks brand new again. Perfect color match too.

I do everything myself that I can or learn how to do new repairs, not just to save money, but because I like working with my hands with my rides. Always have, and always will.

Painting an intake takes alot of time to sand all the little nooks and crannies. It's easy to do at home.

Last edited by Fixvet; 12-29-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: x
Old 12-29-2007, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

u can go to certain paint shops and they will put ur exact car color in a spray can for u
Old 12-29-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

vette owner

Quick Reply: Deciding on painting my LS6 intake...