Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need Help. Wrecked my car today :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help. Wrecked my car today :(

Hey guys. I would like to know where the best/cheapest place is to get a rear bumber cover and a rear spoiler for a 2001 camaro Navy Blue Metallic.

OK now to the story. I just put my magnaflow catback on a few weeks ago and went to show it to my buddy today. I stayed there a while and then went I went to leave he wanted to hear what it sounded like when I was going down the road . So I pulled out in the road and took off spinning and let off and it stop and then stomped it and began spinning again for about 150 feet and it began to get sidwayes as I let off and in the back end started to go left so I turned left and then it went right and I turned right, but I had to much speed and spun around and backed into a tree . It craked my bumper and spoiler and pushed my exhaust tips under my car and bent them up some So now I'm trying to find the cheapest way to fix my car.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Glenn
Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

I have a stock nbm spoiler.. And a new rear aftermarket bumper that needs to be painted..
Old 01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Teching In

pm sent.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow learn to drive man. Its not THAT hard to correct. Heres a tip: the next time you find yourself in that situation, do not allow your eyes to follow the direction of the car. Look strait down the road and stay calm, and you'll be surprised how much better your hands will naturally correct the car without over correcting.

As for the parts, people trying to impress their friends with 150ft burnouts often total their cars... look around your local "pick and pull" or a auto junkyard and I'm sure you'll find some cars with their fronts smashed in and the rears in fine condition. you might even get lucky and find a car with the same color body panels. Good luck man
Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

also, when you start to go sideways dont let off the gas, instead even the throttle out, and let the cars speed catch up to the spinning wheels. you never want to do anything abrupt like cut the throttle especially at a higher speed....
Old 01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Yeah letting off the throttle all at once was my biggest mistake as it caused me to snap back straight to quick and made me skid in the other direction so hard that I couldn't really save it. I almost did as I didn't hit the tree very hard. I was probably going about 45 when I let off the gas.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by slow89rs; 01-28-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Do yourself a favor and go with OEM parts. I thought it would be all right to get an after market fender, OMG, the fit is ridicoulous. It chaps my *** everyday I see it Think of it spend a few extra dollars and have it done right or live with a bumper that sags and doesent line up, just my .02.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
yea deffinitely go OEM just search craigslist if possible i got a used oem front bumper off there for $75 just needs paint which it was silver to begin with anyways
Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedLS
Do yourself a favor and go with OEM parts. I thought it would be all right to get an after market fender, OMG, the fit is ridicoulous. It chaps my *** everyday I see it Think of it spend a few extra dollars and have it done right or live with a bumper that sags and doesent line up, just my .02.

Was the bumper that you got one of the ones on ebay?

I got a oem bumper off of ebay for my car that was off of a 2000 NBM camaro. Now all I need is a spoiler. I hope that I can get an oem spoiler thats the same color as my car too.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

???? I really couldnt tell you, my body shop picked it up for me. They gave me an option to go with OEM or aftermarket fender, to keep the price down. I didnt think a fender was too complicated, so I opted for the aftermarket to save $100. Now Im going to have to spend an extra $300 to get it done right, because im a freak about body lines.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try Billy Graham's fbody salvage yard. They have lots of fbodies.

Or search car-part.com. It's an online salvage yard database.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an OEM wing off my 98 ill get rid of for CHEAP i can get u pics if u want? Let me know
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

I also have a red z28 spoiler, if you are willing to get it painted.

Quick Reply: Need Help. Wrecked my car today :(