Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Is black easy to touch up/blend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to be making the thead as soon as I can get a nice day to take some pics of the work. It looks really good. You cant tell the difference. I just want to get a good clean dry day so I can take some good pics.

I got a Used TA rear bumper for my firebird. It is black however It does have some scratches on the bumper so Im going to attempt to paint this myself this summer. I would like to practice befor hand tho. I would like to be able to paint my own stuff from now on.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, this weather is crap. Cant wait to see the thread
Old 02-21-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

I'd like to see the outcome as well. If they know what their doing then it should of come out just fine!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure you match your color to the correct alternate color of the black paint code. I had some black paint work done and it came out way too brown , even though it was the correct code. Ended up spraying out a few alternates onto paint cards and then manually matching them up. It matched 100% after doing it that way without any blending needed.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Teching In

as far as blending black base, that is easy as long as you are reclearing the entire panel. if you are trying to spot in a small section than expect to have a visible blend line.

black is black as long as you spend the money on your base coat. if you use omni or cheaper bases than it will leave you with more of a brownish black which is fine for fords but not for a benz, if that makes sense.

ppg dbc/global is the only way to go if you are concerned with quality,color match, and it being user friendly.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ppg dbc was used on this